The monkeys aren't too thrilled about you either

foraker

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am asking you to provide evidence of any non-Christian creationists. You still haven't. In the absence of any such evidence the supposition that all creationists are Christians remains.

It's funny you label your own poor comprehension as "obviously". No one but you made this arbitrary and illogical jump, boy.

I am asking you to provide evidence of any non-Christian creationists. You still haven't. In the absence of any such evidence the supposition that all creationists are Christians remains.

It's funny you label your own poor comprehension as "obviously". No one but you made this arbitrary and illogical jump, boy.

I never said they weren't did I? I also asked what you were trying to prove by this.

There are infact non-Christian Creationists. They are called Wiccans, Muslims and Jews.

Lets pretend there aren't any. What then are you trying to prove?

it is my understanding that creationism is a christian based theory, coming from the bible. which ought to make all creationists christians...if their not they're really confused people.

ID is a slightly different animal, where they have taken out the heavy christian emphasis in order to propogate its use in schools. it is nontheless a christian backed idea.

what does this prove? don't know, although i could go out on a limb and say that yes all creationists are christians and i would wager that i would be right a significant amount of the time (alpha = 0.05, hell i'd even give it alpha = 0.01)

as far as your english comprehension, hell i can't even keep track of where this spray is/has gone.

I don't recall ever seeing Muslim or Jewish organizations banging on the school doors to have creationism taught in schools. It's always the fundamentalist Christian wing-nuts. So from what I've seen it is a right wing Christian thing.

Exactly... fundamentalists. Just as the Muslim community speaks against fundamentalist Islam, the same holds true with Christianity.

Has anyone here claimed to endorse this behaviour? The percentage of people doing this is almost certainly less than 1%.

Regardless, an incredibly small amount of Christians actually believe in true Creationist theory. What is your point? You still attempted to imply that the terms were interchangeable. Are you now willing to admit they are not?

Read and comprehend. The point is that it is a small group of Christians that are trying to push Creationism in schools, it is not the goal of all Christians. No other religious splinters seem to be pushing the issue.

I never said they weren't did I? I also asked what you were trying to prove by this.

There are infact non-Christian Creationists. They are called Wiccans, Muslims and Jews.

Lets pretend there aren't any. What then are you trying to prove?

None of the groups you mention are advocating replacing the teaching of evolution with their particular brand of dogma in the classroom now, though, are they?

In fact, the only ones campaigning against the teaching of evolution in high schools in America are Christians - yes or no? wave.gif

The circular, redefining parameters of the rhetoric in this thread remind me of a Christian radio host I once listened to late at night on a Smith trip:

"NO CHRISTIAN HAS EVER COMMITTED AN ACT OF AGGRESSION BECAUSE NO REAL CHRISTIAN WOULD AND AS SOON AS ONE DOES THEY CEASE TO BE CHRISTIAN."

AMEN blush.gif

This is pathetic. Thanks to Squid for making the last few posts funny. Tip: If you want your question answered, ask it again and again instead of referring to it and accusing the other guy about not answering yours. Would you like a muffin for your circle jerk?

Edited by Camilo

In the third century BC, Greeks were contemplating the existence of other worlds. Science and intellectual thought were flourishing in the western world and middle east. Yet more than 1500 years later "heretics" were being burned at the stake for blasphemy.

What went wrong? Where would we be today if we had not taken a nearly 2000 year vacation from logic? Who is to blame for this disaster? IMO, not Jesus Christ, not Buddah,...or even Mohammed...but rather the zealots who took the beauty and hope of religion and turned it into a dark quest for power and wealth. And while some hard-core Judeo-Christian holdouts force us to take small steps backward on occassion, still the logic-train moves forward. IMO, such is not the case in the Muslim world. It remains regressive in the extreme and is almost universally intolerant of progressive ideals.

The western world has spent the last 200+ years in a frantic quest to reawaken reason and catch up to our human destiny. While some adherents to Christianity and Judaism try to slow down the inevitable, it is undeniable that overall they have (some grudgingly) submitted to reforms and accepted scientific and western political ideals. Again, Islam, IMO, is an exception.

The fact that is evolution is not incompatible with religion. And one need not "invent" goofy theologies to make this so. Teaching evolution in our schools is essential. We evolve still. It would be nice to allow creationist teaching as a counter-balance, but the opinions therein are so diverse that it is not practical... such teachings must ultimately resort to faith and throw (existing) science out the window.

Many here like to pigeonhole all conservatives into the religious zealot column. You have no idea how wrong you are.