How many Cascade Select Climbs?

wayne

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

You should post all the ones you have checked off before you ask that. Should minimize a lot of the incoming spray.
[laf]

The point was to induce the spray. As for the Ore Choss Wanks > Select? Besides the Palmer Glacier Headwall Direct (without the fixed lines), Are there any select in Oregon?

[ 09-26-2002, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: wayne1112 ]

quote:

Originally posted by wayne1112:

Those the super-classics are sound,
[rockband]
I think the best Or-choss-wank is E.butt of Washington.

How bad is the rock on the east buttress? I've heard good things about that climb. Poorly protected?

[ 09-26-2002, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: iain ]

OK, how about how many of the 50 classic climbs in North America (not to be confused with the newer 50 favorite climbs) have you done? I haven't seen the list, actually, but I know I've done at least one: the Petit Grepon in Rocky Mt. Nat. park. It was pretty spectacular and not very hard.

How about y'all? Any recommendations?

[Moon]

quote:

Originally posted by dbconlin:

OK, how about how many of the 50 classic climbs in North America (not to be confused with the newer 50 favorite climbs) have you done? I haven't seen the list, actually, but I know I've done at least one: the Petit Grepon in Rocky Mt. Nat. park. It was pretty spectacular and not very hard.

How about y'all? Any recommendations?

Yeah, if you're thinking o fdoing the E Butt on Middle Cathedral in the Valley, go left and do the DNB instead. Longer, a little harder, more commiting and a lot less crowded.

Can't speak of the quality of the E. Buttress Route on Washington, but I'm familiar with the SE Spur Route. The first 3-4 pitches follow a nice ridge on good rock. The remaining 5-6 pitches have a lot of ledges with tons of loose rock just waiting to fall off. The protection is generally pretty good but the climbing is pretty easy. As for "alpine rock routes" in Oregon, it rates pretty good, but tread lightly!!

quote:

Originally posted by wayne1112:

Ok I am sure the authors of the books have done more than any of us, but how many check marks can you boast?

Vol 1:

Vol 2:

Kearney:

OK for you that don't have the books, here's links to the lists in question:

vol 1

vol 2

Wayne, do you think you could type in the route list for Kearney's book please?

Put me down for 18 in vol 1, 7 in vol 2 part I, 19 in the sport/crag section of vol 2. There.

[big Drink]