I'm new. I have a question about our collective personality.

Cleophus

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes...Resucci-Annie was wise in the ways of love and taught me many things...sure, she wasn't totally anatomically correct, but we had a good time and she never asked me if her 70s style sweatshirt made her look fat....In the end, I couldn't get over my jealousy at her promiscuity...she ended up eloping with Resucci-Andy...bittersweet memories...

Regular TR: We climbed Peak X via the Beckey Route. Had some great views on top. Good gear in the long crack pitch. Pulled on one cam going over the bulge. Attacked by snafflehounds on descent.

Chestbeating TR: Climbed Peak X in a new record time of 5 hrs 26 minutes 4 seconds car to car. The route was really easy when you are as good as us. Freed all the Beckey aid sections. Here is a link to hero shots of me posing down. Cant believe some people aid this route. Next up - Gapewad to Freshie winter traverse, SOLO.

The fact that you think my article was an attack, as you state, on those climbers heading up the South Side shows that you too, read only what you want, and hear only what you want to hear. That was far from an attack on anyone, but more of a realization, that there will continue to be more and more people in the mountains, we are going to share them, and if you or I or any other climber wants to continue to do it without regs. coming down the pipe, then we damn well better be sure that our buddies, friends, partners who are trying out climbing for the first time are learning properly. When was the last time you said something to someone who was belaying improperly? If you are not helping others and trying to solve an issue that will be in our back yards over the next few years, then you are only part of the problem. It's Friday and I'm leaving work early. Is that Chestbeating? [big Drink] Y'all have fun up in L-worth.

quote:

Originally posted by fern:

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:

... the idiots who only climbed up the
south
side of hood then had the gall to make phone calls?

Witch gall was that?

- I have edited my spelling mistake, rendering your jab pointless to the untrained eye. [Moon]

Even though the guidebook states what is necessary.

Did you take cams to 4 inches or 2.5 [Roll Eyes] ?

Obvious route gets climbed 100 times a year.

Was there a trail to the route?

Guidebook notes times and distances.

How many hours did it take you?

Guidebook says 5.9

Did you feel the 5.9 was a 5.10 or was it 5.9 at Exit 38 standards?

quote:

Originally posted by RobBob:

Chestbeater, cont'd:
quote:

Next up - Gapewad to Freshie winter traverse, SOLO.

...Will be on the lookout for cougers, tho, as we have heard that they haunt the area.

cont'd: ...the diamox was flowing freely yet I still staggered up in a daze of both apoxic euphoria and total exhaustion. The troop of boy scouts ahead of me looked woefully unprepared for the ordeal. I prayed for the mountain to spare them....

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Regular TR: We climbed Peak X via the Beckey Route. Had some great views on top. Good gear in the long crack pitch. Pulled on one cam going over the bulge. Attacked by snafflehounds on descent.

Chestbeating TR: Climbed Peak X in a new record time of 5 hrs 26 minutes 4 seconds car to car. The route was really easy when you are as good as us. Freed all the Beckey aid sections. Here is a
to hero shots of me posing down. Cant believe some people aid this route. Next up - Gapewad to Freshie winter traverse, SOLO.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Chestbeating TR: Climbed Peak X in a new record time of 5 hrs 26 minutes 4 seconds car to car. The route was really easy when you are as good as us. Freed all the Beckey aid sections. Here is a
to hero shots of me posing down. Cant believe some people aid this route. Next up - Gapewad to Freshie winter traverse, SOLO.