Silverton looks schweeeeet!!

snoboy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but silverton's not like every ski place you've been to. i went there with a friend who was looking for a job a couple of summers ago. i was rather dumbfounded when i met aaron, and any desire i might have had for potentially working for that mountain was quickly thrown by the wayside. let's just say that i was convinced his wife must be the one running the show.

but silverton's not like every ski place you've been to. i went there with a friend who was looking for a job a couple of summers ago. i was rather dumbfounded when i met aaron, and any desire i might have had for potentially working for that mountain was quickly thrown by the wayside. let's just say that i was convinced his wife must be the one running the show.

When they said they want to emulate a Kiwi skifield; that's what I assumed. Let's say some of the fields are still in operation because the inspectors are too fat to walk up and see how sketchy things are...

I've been to bigname ski areas that can't get their act together; I'm not sure why small areas would be any different.

nothing heinously wrong with the place really. it's low budget so you pretty much get what one might expect. (outhouses for example.) i assumed larrythelama was knocking the business end of silverton and not the actual physical ski area. i wouldn't be worried about much aside from getting stuck on the lift. having people go missing or dead would seriously hinder their efforts.

• 2 weeks later...

Silverton is marketing themselves as an alternative to Cat-skiing, selling untouched powder as their resource. The fact is that they don’t have much terrain to offer and the shit gets tracked up fast. The guide would lay the first track and the rest of our group of six had to ski in the 20 feet of “freshies” left of his track. We didn’t have the experience that we were hoping for. I’ve also been unhappy skiing at piste areas at times, but atleast you have the choice to ski where you want and if you stick to the trees you can usually find some fresh. Sorry to bitch but I just think Silverton is not all that…

I would love to here from someone who had a good experience there but I’m afraid that they are hard to find.