• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Macson

4 days in Methow

I'll be in Methow for the 4 day weekend. Anyone interested in doing something? Cold hands on rock in Mazama? Hiking? Maybe Silver Star Glacier (is that doable this time of year)?

FYI: In the past WA DOT has closed HWY 20 on Thanksgiving weekend... I almost got locked in (I think it was in '99) so check before you go. You can do Silver Star year round... its some great skiing in the spring... You might want to approach from silver star creek if there is a lot of snow on the ground.

There aint no snow there dude.

Good call... here is the closest camera shot (Sherman Pass) I could find:

shermanpass_medium.jpg

More info on wsdot.wa.gov

Thanks, ya I didn't figure there'd be much snow up there. At least the pass won't be closed. I hate having to drive down to Stevens.

just fyi

that pic that nolse posted wont give you an idea of snow in the methow as sherman pass is no where near the methow valley.

Yeah... I picked that one only because Sherman tends to get a little bit more snow on average than WA pass so it would give him a worst case scenario for what to expect. But yeah... Sherman is definitely east of there...

Actually when I really need a snow report I just call my inlaws and have them look out their window. They have a pretty good view of the mountains from there.

just fyi

that pic that nolse posted wont give you an idea of snow in the methow as sherman pass is no where near the methow valley.

But that's pretty much was WA Pass looks like now too.

Looks sweet, but the properties imply it was taken in 2001. confused.gif

I guess I'll just spend my time at the Twisp brewery bigdrink.gifHCL.gif

Edited by Macson

David was away from town for the holiday.

My crime was marrying a girl with parents in Methow. I've served 12 years now and I occaisionally get time off for good behavior! bigdrink.gif