little things that make your life better in the woods

allison

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i bring my dog chinook. he frightens off all of the cougars on mt. si. he picks up my shit with his mouth so i don't have to pack it out (he even does toilet paper). he is a wonderful spooning partner. doubles as a pack mule, and eats any leftover food that is produced.

and he doesn't complain, just sits there and looks stupid, ohhh and he is a great listener.

[ 09-25-2002, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: gapertimmy ]

All right trask. Nice ram. What range were you in? Who was your guide or were you with relitives? I am assuming you are hunting in Alaska, so when you answer the range where in the range. I shot my first ram in the Caribou Creek area of the Talkeetna mountains. Stumbled into a mining operation and was held at gun point for a bit until I could explain who I was and who had given me the OK to stumble where I was. Once that was done I was treated like family. Saw more gold nuggets and dust than I ever thought I'd see in my life time. Ton of fun on that trip.

quote:

Originally posted by sisu suomi:

All right trask. Nice ram. What range were you in? Who was your guide or were you with relitives? I am assuming you are hunting in Alaska, so when you answer the range where in the range. I shot my first ram in the Caribou Creek area of the Talkeetna mountains. Stumbled into a mining operation and was held at gun point for a bit until I could explain who I was and who had given me the OK to stumble where I was. Once that was done I was treated like family. Saw more gold nuggets and dust than I ever thought I'd see in my life time. Ton of fun on that trip.

Wow, being able to shoot an animal from long distance with a high powered rifle and scope is really impressive (sarcasm intended). You should get a medal. I think if hunters really want bragging rights, they should level the playing field and hunt with nothing more than a buck knife. While wearing nothing more than a loin cloth, no less. Now there's a feat you could blow hot air about to the cute gals at the party.

[Wazzup]

-Heinous

[ 09-25-2002, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Heinouscling ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Shit, with bow hunting you get to brag if you even get close enough to something to actually let an arrow loose, let alone actually killing something. Hella balls harder than busting caps at them furry critters.

exactly my point....

[big Grin]