If You have time and good soul,look at these

KubeK

I thought fuck it! I sent the man some gear after trading some emails. There seemed to be a real need and a real person. Cost $24 to send 10 pounds of gear surface ($47 for air for the same 10 pounds). It may take two weeks or two months but he'll get it. He sent me a picture of him and his fiance and is going to follow up with some pics of their climbing areas and caves.

Why not...

bigdrink.gif

See, snaf.gif come to those who give yellaf.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kubek,

I would like to apologize for the rude and condescending responses you received on the cascadeclimbers.com site.

The majority (not all) of the individuals who interact on that site tend to be more interested in "talking shit" and criticizing, as opposed to uplifting and supporting each other.

Please do not form your opinion of American climbers based on that website. Most of the serious climbers in the US and in our area are people who are humble, kind, supportive, and you probably will never hear of their accomplishments in the mountains, because they don't post spray before they even unpack their backpacks from a trip (definition of spray: slang for egotistical bragging).

Thank you for emailing your mailing address and phone number in Poland. I myself have some used yet serviceable equipment that I have been holding on to waiting for someone in need. I will ask around amongst my climbing circle and see if I can round up a few more items, and hopefully send a package of before too soon.

In the meantime, take care, and be safe. Maybe one day we can meet in Zakopane for a climb on the Minich...?

Edited by Stanley

Hi Kubek,

I would like to apologize for the rude and condescending responses you received on the cascadeclimbers.com site.

How fucking arrogant are you to appologize for us?

A primary function of this website is good natured slander. Don't take it personal. Bro got a bunch of free gear so why are you sorry?

Now that it turns out he's a real dude I'd be happy to send him some shit too. I'm sure most of the folks with the "rude and condescending" responses would too.

Hi Specialed,

I was not apologizing for you or us. Please reread my post. I apologized for myself and the embarrassment I felt as an American climber to responses we generated to a European climber.

What we say to him and other foreign climbers reflects poorly or positively on all American climbers.

Now you already know what the rest of the world is thinking about America in general with the current political situation(s) in the world. Our dominance, arrogance, lack or respect, etc...

People from other cultures may or may not understand that we are poking fun, or just engaging in “good natured slander”. In this case, based on Kubek’s replies, it appears that what he may have taken away is that these Cascade (i.e., North West, US) climbers are a bunch of assholes, who are no different than the America the rest of the world has grown to dislike, despise, and even hate... He’s gonna tell his friends in Poland, about those assholes, who will tell their friends in Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Russia, Austria, Germany, Ukraine, etc. about those assholes, who in turn will pass that on in casual craging conversation to their friends, and so on...

Wouldn’t it be much nicer if the story passed on at the crag was how a few guys from Seattle sent this young guy some gear to use, that was safe, and he went on to become an accomplished climber by his definition of accomplished.

We need to think about what we say before we say it, and about how it may be interpreted by all who may read it. And if someone can’t or won’t help out when a request for help is made, then they always have the preferable option of not saying anything.

Thank you

Edited by Stanley

What can KubeK say - "those guys from Washington are such assholes that they sent me a bunch of gear."

If anyone bases their impression of foreign climbers off of some website, then that's their problem. If a Polish climber came here in person and everyone treated him/her like shit then they would have something to pass on.

I'm not going to kiss someone's ass because they're from another country. They should be treated like everyone else. And its not like this guy was even slandered, we just made some jokes and BG stepped up and sent him some gear. That's cool. End of story.

Dru,

I am still deciding if I will help. I have emailed the Polish Caving Association which he is undoubtedly a member of if he is a caver. You need to be in order to get the key to gated caves.

I am not saying just give without checking... I will do my homework before I send anything.

Thanx for your concern.

Specialed,

You must be a young man still, based on your writing and logic I would guess mid 20's. A website is what it's users make of it. It can be a powerfull tool or dismissed as junk.

What can KubeK say - "those guys from Washington are such assholes that they sent me a bunch of gear."

If anyone bases their impression of foreign climbers off of some website, then that's their problem. If a Polish climber came here in person and everyone treated him/her like shit then they would have something to pass on.

I'm not going to kiss someone's ass because they're from another country. They should be treated like everyone else. And its not like this guy was even slandered, we just made some jokes and BG stepped up and sent him some gear. That's cool. End of story.

Thanks for all your answers. I understend Stanley. Does somebody said that someone

going to kiss someone's ass because they're from another country
, or have to do anything like said "specjaled".

I dont have any ideas how to prove that I'm not a thief or joker. I dont want to sell anything on ebay and things like that. The "billythegoat" ( I hope I wrote it good )

mail me that the package is on the way - its great that somebody belive in me. Even if He send me a smallest thing - I will be wery happy. Thanks

You guys are so fuckin' hilarious yellaf.gif

Kubek (Artur is his real name) From what I can tell, is a young guy in university, with a fiance and who is into climbing yet still a noob. I could post a few of his pictures if he doesn't mind. I will email him for permission. Now, it could be a big scam, but a lot of personalized effort has gone into this. The gear is extra stuff that I won't ever use and I am out $24 bucks or so: About the price of two lunches eating out around here.

Artur could have handled this better by posting questions and getting to know folks before asking for gear. It seems he is just excited by his new found passion.

I either helped someone out or I'll get burned and provide some entertainment while you guys flame me. Either way, I got a lot of juice for $24...

cheeburga_ron.gif

Yes , on south of my country theres a lot of mountains and full of caves. Our mountains aren't big. Highest top is about 2200m. On the picture its a mountain called "trzy korony" - 3 crowns ( king hat :-) ) its 1400m high or something like that. When I find some more pictures I could post them.