Tom Cruise to Climb Everest

thelawgoddess

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, he really is going to try it. I wonder what his climbing resume looks like, and if he has any experience at altitude. I also wonder if he is going to be sick of hearing about "the other superstar on the mountain". Wait till he starts telling the Sherpas about thought units and nuking souls in volcanoes. yellaf.gif

at least he can affoard the 30,000$ fee

And all the other fees for his companions.

He can pay for an entire group and not put a dent in his wallet....or he could use the money to buy enough vaccines for a small country in Africa to save some lifes....ahhh. Life choices.

at least he can affoard the 30,000$ fee

And all the other fees for his companions.

He can pay for an entire group and not put a dent in his wallet....or he could use the money to buy enough vaccines for a small country in Africa to save some lifes....ahhh. Life choices.

sorry but this just pisses me off. how do you know what he does in terms of charitable giving? should he not have the oppportunity to enjoy some of his wealth by spending it on himself? would you begrudge some avg middle class guy a trip to everest if (s)he worked hard and saved the money for it? should that person give that hard earned savings to a vaccination program in africa? hellno3d.gif

Dude!!!!

Did you see that sweet free solo he did in Mission Impossible? yelrotflmao.gif Was that Moab? If he can do that... CERTAINLY he can climb a cattle trail up Everest.

In fact, if he can do that kinda 5.14 free solo... maybe he should climb Everest via the Kangshung Face.

Solo.

Without O2.

During the monsoons.

What a poser. madgo_ron.gif

Maybe it's a little cliche, but I know there are many of us not-so-famous folks who would relish the experience of going to Everest nonetheless.

yellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif

Who cares, well actually looks like some of you do. I never understood the fascination of following what the rich and famous do.

Who cares, well actually looks like some of you do. I never understood the fascination of following what the rich and famous do.

well, it's hard not to when that's what the local news is comprised of. rolleyes.gif and as for "fascination" ... just look at some of the other drivel posted on this website. at least this is somehow climbing related. moon.gif tell me you wouldn't take advantage of your millions to follow your boyhood dreams! evils3d.gif everest wouldn't be my first choice of a big mountain to climb, but i really don't think i'd turn down the chance ... if i ever had it to turn down.

well, it's hard not to when that's what the local news is comprised of. rolleyes.gif and as for "fascination" ... just look at some of the other drivel posted on this website. at least this is somehow climbing related. moon.gif tell me you wouldn't take advantage of your millions to follow your boyhood dreams! evils3d.gif everest wouldn't be my first choice of a big mountain to climb, but i really don't think i'd turn down the chance ... if i ever had it to turn down.

Actually it wouldn't be my first choice if money was no object. After all the pictures and slides I have seen of the mountain, I think it would really depress me to see all the people and shit up on that mountain. Mankind has managed to make pretty good mess that mountain.

Local TV and paper in PDX try too hard to attach an Oregon connection to everything.... "Washington DC sniper once visited Oregon" The two biggest news stories in Oregon since I've lived here (6+ years) have been Keiko the whale and the boat that wrecked on the coast. Not exactly hard news.

Local TV and paper in PDX try too hard to attach an Oregon connection to everything.

And miss out on all the real news in Oregon. Like sexual harassing senators, governors who have "affairs" with 13 year olds, etc. Oregon news is bush league. It says alot that Bill O'Reilly spent time here.