John Peel -- Music

Thinker

John Peel's recent passing prompted me to dig thru my cd's and fish out the few 'Peel Sessions' I have, which are Siouxsie and the Banshees, New Order, and Joy Division. Somewhere along the way I've lost The Smiths. One Jesus and Mary Chain disc I have has a number of tracks from their Peel debut.

For those of you not familiar with him, Peel was a British DJ who has spent decades showcasing new and cutting edge bands on his UK radio show. Each show typically includes a live performance that's recorded.

Who else has any Peel Sessions?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got some Cocteau Twins at the BBC. Part of it is Peel sessions. Great stuff. I think my "Pixies at the BBC" is also a Peel session, but I'm not sure.

I've been reading so many great memorials to him the past few weeks; one in particular by Bill Nelson of Be Bop Deluxe is really interesting. Didn't know Siouxsie had one -- I'll have to search that one out.

Wish we had more DJs like him today. I've got to try XM radio and see if the DJs there are all they're cracked up to be....

Jim