Yeah Baby! Index UTW B.A.S.E. Jump 11/12/04

TimL

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif to the B.A.S.E. jumper who launched right over me as I was soloing Town Crier today. wave.gif

Just finished the pendulum/tension traverse and was hanging on two tiny rp's when I hear this crazy noise and look up to see this guys chute open not more than 70 feet above me and 30 feet away from the wall. By far one of the most amazing things I've seen. bigdrink.gif

Edited by TimL

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work with a guy who claims to have jumped the index wall a couple dozen times over the summer. Saw a video of one of his buddies jumping and striking the cliff on his way down, too.

I guess they all land on the railroad tracks, which has reportedly been sources of trouble (i.e. trains) more than once. Oy! rockband.gif

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif to the B.A.S.E. jumper who launched right over me as I was soloing Town Crier today. wave.gif

Just finished the pendulum/tension traverse and was hanging on two tiny rp's when I hear this crazy noise and look up to see this guys shoot open not more than 70 feet above me and 30 feet away from the wall. By far one of the most amazing things I've seen. bigdrink.gif

That's awesome, Tim! rockband.gif

I have been climbing at Erie and had a hang-glider take off above me. I fell off the lead, I was so surprised! hellno3d.gif

petzl vids

watch the vertigo verdon video all the way to the end....trust me, you won't be dissapointed if you think base jumping is bad ass..... thumbs_up.gif

Y'know, they talk about how dumb sport parachuters are, to jump out of perfectly good airplanes... I have to screw up the nerve to rappel down something that steep, let alone running down and jumping.

I asked the same question of a BASE guy I met in the Index parking lot. He said:

Get really good at the body positions of sky diving (from a plane). Hundreds of jumps.

First BASE should be a bridge (greatest margin of safety)

He said some other stuff too, but I forgot what it was. He gave me a card for $10 off my first jump at some skydiving place.