• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
man_vrs_mountain

the brothers

From the views of them and the fact that the snow seems to be melting off a bit this past week I'd say go for it but I'm no expert. If ya want a partner pm me. The worst thing that can happen is you turn around cause you dont trust that conditions and atleast its a nice hike.

Here's a picture I took of Mt. Angeles last Sunday. Yes, I know it's far from the Brothers. But the earlier snow the Olympics had just isn't around much right now. Go for it.

4282134-3402_IMG-med.JPG

Anthony the Brothers is really a better early season ascent, when the previous winter's snow is stil there and consolidated. When that melts you have a lot of shifting choss. Now you might have shifting choss with a light layer of loose snow on top; even worse.

Thanks Tweezer, I've also admired your shots. Thanks Olyclimber bigdrink.gif

It's hard to identify the different peaks. The Brothers is easy. Let's call them A.

041113_129b.jpg

Here's a closup of B. Is that Pershing?

041113_129bB.jpg

Here's a closeup of CD. Who are these interesting looking peaks?

041113_129bCD.jpg

I think I've got Stone figured out as E. But then again I could be all wrong.

A - Brothers

B - Pershing w/Thorson in foreground

C - Lincoln

D - Cruiser / Alpha etc.

E - Stone

F - Not sure which peak is being referenced, but Bretherton can be seen below and to the left of C, with Lena to the right of it.