dumbass school principal

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I AM a school principal, and I don't think there's enough information in the article to determine whether the principal was justified in the disciplinary action are not. If she was told by school staff to knock it off, why didn't she knock it off? Maybe she was cartwheeling through crowded hallways or the cafeteria... There just isn't enough information in the article to support armchair quarterbacking.

i'd be interested to know what parent's reactions are these days when their kids are acting up at school. i remember when parent's used to get the call from the principal and usually they gave 'the eye' to their kid, basically saying 'wtf have you done now?' am i wrong in thinking that now the parents give the eye to the principal, basically saying 'wtf do you think you're doing accusing my precious little snotleigh of being bad?'

Well I AM a school principal, and I don't think there's enough information in the article to determine whether the principal was justified in the disciplinary action are not. If she was told by school staff to knock it off, why didn't she knock it off? Maybe she was cartwheeling through crowded hallways or the cafeteria... There just isn't enough information in the article to support armchair quarterbacking.

Maybe it was just CYA - in our litiginous society, you always have to worry about being sued.

i'd be interested to know what parent's reactions are these days when their kids are acting up at school. i remember when parent's used to get the call from the principal and usually they gave 'the eye' to their kid, basically saying 'wtf have you done now?' am i wrong in thinking that now the parents give the eye to the principal, basically saying 'wtf do you think you're doing accusing my precious little snotleigh of being bad?'
There's a range of responses from old-school evil eye blame junior to blame the principal. I've only been a principal since July. All the discipline work is a pain in the crash pad. I wish I had an assistant to foist it off on so that I could focus on improving instruction. I know one thing, though. The last thing you want as a principal is to see your name in a negative news article like the one above. I frequently tell kids to stop horseplay and running around in the building. Prevents crashes. Another thing is that you always want to hear the other side of the story. Kids are masters at spinning what happened at school... wink.gif

Skeezix: assistant = vice principal. You have a lot to learn, young principalhopper. At least that's the way it seemed to be with me in school. It was always the vice principal I got sent to. yellaf.gif

It's kind of like a marine ship. The CO doesn't really do any disciplining. That's the XO's job. XO would be equivalent to VPrincipal. A good supervisor delegates authority. Delegate, my man, delegate.