Boot liners

sacco1

Hi all. I need new liners for my Koflach Degres. But I also bought a pair of 2002 Scarpa Denali XTs. These don't come with formable liners.

Question: If I bought a pair of Garmont's G-Fit liners, could I cook them and swap them between my Degres and Denalis? Are they too high for climbing boots?

Any and all info is appreciated...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a toe cap out of an old pair of wool socks and wear a fairly light sock. Garmont says 120C (250F) for 15 minutes, I've found 10 minutes is enough. Remove the foot bed, put the liners in a preheated oven on a piece of foil.

When the liners have softened put the foot bed in, put them in the shells, put your feet in and buckle snug but not too tight. Stand in a neutral skiing position (like you were in a lift line) for 10 minutes or so (your feet will get fairly warm).

Go skiing

Right. The video is a fantastic tutorial and this thread on how to cook liners I'm sure has been hashed out a number of times. But my question is about swapping liners between boots.

My situation: I have a pair of 2002 Scarpa Denali XT with standard liners. And a pair of Koflach Degres with packed out liners. I'd like to get thermo-moldable liners for both, but would rather get just one and swap the liner between the two pairs of boots.

Is there any reason I should not do this? Does anyone else do this?