What Will He Do?

sexual_chocolate

What CAN he do?

(What would George Bush do if his daughters were kidnapped?)

Iraqi interim PM's relatives taken hostage

Wednesday 10 November 2004, 15:40 Makka Time, 12:40 GMT

A group claiming responsibility for the abduction of three relatives of interim Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi, have threatened to kill them in 48 hours if the state did not halt the raid on Falluja and free prisoners.

"If the agent government does not meet our demands within 48 hours we will behead them (the hostages)," the Ansar al-Jihad group said in a statement dated Wednesday and carried on a Muslim website.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be right, CBS. In his anger, he would sacrifice his own children, along with the lives of so many other thousands. Already, his actions have sacrificed tens of thousands, so he's too far down the slippery slope to try to climb back now.

And it certainly seems as though Allawi is in a similar position. Can you imagine a more difficult situation to be in? Absolutely horrendous.

Hell's gates have been opened by the sword again,

and it really seems as though this situation will drag and drag and drag for years to come, in a not so dissimilar way to the current situation. I really don't see how it could be different.

It kinda reminds me of the things I've read about the Vietnam war, how the politicos and military would spin the situation in favorable terms, whilst the situation deteriorated.

It's been a year and a half now, and honestly, is the situation better, the same, or worse?