The Other Side

Alpinfox

I came across this bulletin board and thought all of you folks who like to talk politics would enjoy it:

I'm Pro-war, goddamn liberal media, sniveling liberals, Clinton, Kerry's fake war metals, blah blah blah

If you are a liberal, prepare to be disgusted and outraged. These people are rabid republicans and it has apparently liquefied their brains (as rabies is wont to do).

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most of the vegan nutballs i know are fully aware that man is an omnivorous species. they choose to go a different route because they can (another quirky part of human evolution rolleyes.gif). and how can you not make fun of creationists? if your gonna believe in that shit you should be made fun of.

most of the vegan nutballs i know are fully aware that man is an omnivorous species. they choose to go a different route because they can (another quirky part of human evolution rolleyes.gif). and how can you not make fun of creationists? if your gonna believe in that shit you should be made fun of.

According to liberals, mass murderers commit crimes because of a genetic flaw, and gays are born that way. Choice does not come into the equation - it's all genetics. There's plenty of fodder to mock right there.

Yeah, not like believing in angels, a 6000 year old Earth, that self-regulation of polluting industries can work, etc. yellaf.gif

How many vegan nutballs will mock a creationist while denying that human evolution has produced an omnivorous species with canine teeth.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg...

We are opportunistic protein feeders (if we need a scientific label) in evolutionary terms, but does the fact that we have canine teeth necessitate the continued eating of animals? Of course not. Vegans tend to live healthier lives than most, according to all info that I've seen.

Once we outgrow the need for specific anatomical accoutrements, we naturally stop using them. The appendix is one example, along with the tail-bone, toe-nails, leg hair, our reflexive reptilian brain.... well, maybe not all of them! grin.gif

According to liberals, mass murderers commit crimes because of a genetic flaw, and gays are born that way. Choice does not come into the equation - it's all genetics. There's plenty of fodder to mock right there.

according to liberals? well i'm a liberal, and i don't think mass murderers commit crimes because of genetic flaws, i think they are just fucked in the head. don't care if gays are born that way or not. i give a fuck about their sex lives about as much as they care about mine. yes, there have been studies showing some differences in genetic make-up of different population groups, don't need to be a "liberal" to believe that...it's called science.

so mock away, but the shit you are talking about is pointless, how about ways to help out the poor, ways to settle down the troubles in the mid-east, ways to stop creating new jihad loving enemies, how about balancing our national budget and providing more funds for education than for blowing shit up. if you have some ideas on these issues bring em on, otherwise your just posting stupid-ass banter stereotyping liberals. Big Fucking Deal

If we are animals, created exclusively by evolutionary processes, rather than in the image of God, then there is no need to "choose" not to eat animals. And there is no reason to worry about the "suffering" of animals, or that there is morality in anything we do to them. Predators hunt and kill prey. They don't worry about whether the victim suffers pain.

Says you. That's the thing about conservatives. There is no room in their brains for complexity and nuance. Everything is black and white.

Predators hunt and kill prey. They don't worry about whether the victim suffers pain.

were omnivores, and we have developed a conscience through evolution, and we have the ability to choose. i disagree with your rationale

conscience? about what? we'll all fry in 5 billion years when the sun turns to a red giant, so who cares if some damn chickens felt some transitory pain?

Says you. That's the thing about conservatives. There is no room in their brains for complexity and nuance. Everything is black and white.

The problem with liberals is they don't like to have their positions challenged with logic.

Vegetarianism does not have to be about the suffering of animals, though there are some issues to discuss there. There are plenty of other moving reasons to become a vegetarian.

If you want to get into evolutionary process, vegetarianism might be considered "artificial" reciprocal altruism to some degree.

The problem with liberals is they don't like to have their positions challenged with logic.

i am more than happy to respond to any of my views/beliefs with logic, if they are challenged with logic, but the shit you are putting up is just generalizations

Yeah, sure, and nobody EVER generalizes conservatives or Christians on this forum.

The point I was making is that you can mock some vegans the same way you can mock creationists. If you don't like that example, then take the people who believe pets are not "owned" by their owners (and even enact laws accordingly), or any other number of nutball, left-wing notions in our society.

You can't make the fact that we have reflective awareness go away with the above argument. We DO have the ability to reflect and consider our actions and the consequences of our actions. (Is this ability simply an evolutionary development? I tend to think so, although this wouldn't preclude a supra-intelligent universe, or God, or whatever one wants to believe).

I think empathy and understanding are also components of humanity (and other life-forms), to varying degrees, and again the source of these can be entirely evolutionary. This doesn't negate their validity, reality, or importance (why would these be any more important if they were divinely originated?). I think that the fact we have these capabilities opens up the door for us to relate to the world in a way that promotes harmony and peace (what we really want, no?). And because we have the reflective capacities that either evolution or God has given us, we can more honestly and accurately gauge the effect we are having on the world around us, and on ourselves.

I think it kinda comes down to the kind of world we want (and I would argue that there are some similarities in that vision: peace, prosperity, ease, comfort, love, security, understanding, compassion).

eloguently said sexual chocolate,

kask, the examples you are putting up for the left-wing nutballs are exactly that. way the hell out on the fringe. problem is when you start talking about the right wing nutballs then that immediately goes to the politics of the day. our president is a born-again christian. for me that is out on the fringe

eloguently said sexual chocolate,

kask, the examples you are putting up for the left-wing nutballs are exactly that. way the hell out on the fringe. problem is when you start talking about the right wing nutballs then that immediately goes to the politics of the day. our president is a born-again christian. for me that is out on the fringe

There you go again... slandering a few million, good, honest, sincere people. Keep it up, and see if your "side" convinces enough people to switch back to the Dems. You might be in for a long time in the wilderness...