Baghdad Burning -- Girl Blog

Thinker

Wow...it looks like I need to 'ignore' Kojak just like I did Scotty. What a bunch of vapid drivel!

Go for it - have a circle-jerk with like-minded people. You'll never need to feel threatened - or have to think.

Kojak, it's neither your ideas nor the way you present them that bothers me. It's the sheer number of posts (7 out of the first 15 on the last page) that I object to.

To me it's not unlike TV commercials, shopping at malls, or listening to commercial radio...I just don't need to have that crap pounded into my brain every other post. I know that folks such as yourself get a little excited and can't help prattling on just to hear yourselves talk, but that doesn't mean I have to sit hear and listen to it or read it.

It's easier for me just to turn off the TV, listen to NPR, and ignore people who, IMHO, over-saturate this (CC.com) entertainment media.

Nothing personal, I tune out chics who say the same things over and over, too....but at least they can be fun when the lights go out and the music's too loud to hear them yakking.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...it looks like I need to 'ignore' Kojak just like I did Scotty. What a bunch of vapid drivel!

Go for it - have a circle-jerk with like-minded people. You'll never need to feel threatened - or have to think.

Kojak, it's neither your ideas nor the way you present them that bothers me. It's the sheer number of posts (7 out of the first 15 on the last page) that I object to.

To me it's not unlike TV commercials, shopping at malls, or listening to commercial radio...I just don't need to have that crap pounded into my brain every other post. I know that folks such as yourself get a little excited and can't help prattling on just to hear yourselves talk, but that doesn't mean I have to sit hear and listen to it or read it.

It's easier for me just to turn off the TV, listen to NPR, and ignore people who, IMHO, over-saturate this (CC.com) entertainment media.

Nothing personal, I tune out chics who say the same things over and over, too....but at least they can be fun when the lights go out and the music's too loud to hear them yakking.

The reason he is posting so much, sphincter err Thinker, is because it takes that many posts to respond to the predominantly liberal posting population on this message board. It's pretty easy to just skip over a post isn't it? Many could avoid the needless step of having to put someone on ignore by merely skipping to the next post when you see their name, but being the Thinker that you proclaim to be, I'm sure you've already thought about that. bigdrink.gif

Driving to and from Index yesterday I heard two very powerful pieces on the radio relating to veterans of this Iraq war. I found today that they are both available on the internet.

Dave Ross talks to local man who lost his nephew recently in Fallujah

That link might be funky. If so you can find it linked on the KIRO 710 am website.

Families Share Soldiers' 'Last Letters Home'

These were two very powerful and believable pieces. I'd be very surprised if even you pro-war guys would listen to them and call them propaganda.

I think all you pro-war guys should listen to both of these pieces to at least get a visceral feel for the magnitude of the sacrifice you are asking young americans to make.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

1) The reality of war will always be death and destruction. If the blogger is real, then I am not surprised that things are as bad as she states, but that is always the cost of war - always. Some wars must be fought nevertheless...

...by someone other than me. Hows the recruitment process going, KKK? There's still time to do your part in all this evil but 'necessary' warfare.

Why did we do so well in Afghanistan, but not in Iraq? There's seems to be a huge fundamental difference: the people in Afghanistan never turned against their occupier with such fury and determination. The warlords never could unite against the US invader.

I'm not so sure we're doing well in Afghanistan - last I checked there were large sections of the country we didn't control and couldn't travel to.

Our efforts in Afghanistan are in collapse. The reconstituted Taliban, now funded by opium, is successfully using a carrot stick approach with locals: security (if you're with us), threats and death (if you're not). It's working. We're losing two wars at once (while re-igniting the Cold War with Russia). Now THAT has got to be some kind of historical record. Way to go 50% of American voters! Thanks!

If the coalition attacks, simply fade back and go elsewhere. There's way more terrain that Karzai's meager forces can cover.

Oh well, when the US finally decides to adopt a wiser isolationist policy, at least heroin will be really cheap.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

1) The reality of war will always be death and destruction. If the blogger is real, then I am not surprised that things are as bad as she states, but that is always the cost of war - always. Some wars must be fought nevertheless...

...by someone other than me. Hows the recruitment process going, KKK? There's still time to do your part in all this evil but 'necessary' warfare.

FOAD, Trashie.

Go troll somewhere else