Post Election Snarkiness

foraker

In these post-election days of bitterness and despair on the left and victory and exhultation by the right, I am reminded of the wisdom of JFK:

So, let us not be blind to our differences - - but let us also direct attention to our common interests and to means by which those differences can be resolved. And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal. - JFK, June 10, 1963

Let's all get over ourselves shall we? wave.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Shrub can't talk. Besides, Kennedy probably didn't just utter that. I'm guessing it was composed by a speechwriter. The best W can do is "I'm a uniter, not a divider." And in the case of that statement, like many of his statements nothing could be further from the truth.

Well, Shrub can't talk. Besides, Kennedy probably didn't just utter that. I'm guessing it was composed by a speechwriter. The best W can do is "I'm a uniter, not a divider." And in the case of that statement, like many of his statements nothing could be further from the truth.

Except the "New Tone" was totally gnored by the Democrats--Bush allowed Ted Kennedy to write the education bill, Daschle and his cronies did their absolute best to jam up any appointments made by the new administration, Bush passed the largest farm bill in history, senior citizens got handed the largest ever entitlement in the form of prescription drug coverage--what more do you guys want?

And after 18 months of attacking our president and advancing the science of class warfare at every possible opportunity, Kerry says the Republicans need to heal the division in our country--please!

The Democrats lost on nearly every issue in this electoin--I think it's their turn to come over to the winning table and finally accept the olive branch that's been extened in their direction since 2000...