Pole Creek Access

skyclimb

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of inches in the shady spots but no problem with a 4 by 4 and some clearance. Haven't been up the trail though so i have no idea what lies ahead. I got your pm, thanks for the invite, never hesitate to ask. I know there's not that much snow up in them mountains yet, maybe more ice but it's really hard to tell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wave.gifJust punched the road in all the way to the trailhead. NOt to bad but sad that we have that little of snowpack.

UP to Pole Creek/Hwy242 junction (about 7 miles in) any AWD vehicle can get in very easily. About mile marker 8 the ruts are anywhere from 6-8 inches but powdery snow. A vehicle with clearance needed to make it to the trailhead proper. Skinning from there. Besides the NE slot all of the routes up on Middle and North Sister look excellent for climbing. Probably ok for riding/skiing but fresh powder on hidden rock=ouch. Go out at get it. Oh yeah,no toilet paper in the bathroom up there. cry.gif

• 3 weeks later...