Climbing with a broken hand...

SnowByrd

Injuries are so suck! That's miserable. At least it's the off season smile.gif The good news is you probably won't loose much of anything between now and next year in terms of moderate outdoor rock. It's 50% headspace, 45% balance, and maybe 5% actual strength. Yoga and martial arts are great for all three! and definitely rest it.... either that or weld on an ice tool and take it into the gym the_finger.gif

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 months after i started climbing i had major abdominal sergery. I was out for that winter. not too much of a hard ship as it was winter after all. I thought about climbing every day but i couldn't even walk arround let alone work out or climb. so i worked on my mental game. i imagined myself climbing. don't worry about it. take time to heal. climbing is not going anywhere. it is still there in the spring and it is still there after an injury. no one and nothing can take it away from you. sometimes taking some time off from climbing helps me apricate it more. the worst thing you can do IMHO is push too hard and do permentant damage. heal your hand and then climb stronger for the time you have put in not only healing but improving the strength in your hand.

sorry to hear you got a boo boo frown.gif