Half ropes

Paco

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont have to pass the knot while belaying with tied half ropes or on rappel.

Other advantages of half or twin ropes-

Ditch one rope for glacier travel. (lighter)

CLimb easy terrain with one rope. (Less mgmt)

Rappell half lengths when needed. (less mgmt)

Often are bi color without paying extra money.

Cost less (partner usually has the other half anyway)

[ 09-18-2002, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

[Roll Eyes]

Ah, DFA knows that. He was making like to joke. You know, like instead of the half-ropes being used side by side, that they were being tied end to end to make one full-length rope. Apparently this was a little too subtle for certain cave-dwelling folk to grasp ...

Try typing slower. Maybe that will help.

quote:

Originally posted by OfficeSpace:

Ability is no substitute for character and personality.

Now what the hell is this supposed to mean? As far as I have seen, heard and read she has no ability, no personality that I would appreciate(even if she thinks gu is spunk)and as far as character is concerned...well. The board speaks for it self...non. Character is developed in the early stages of childhood and I think she missed that lesson.

You must be pretty vacant Mr Space. Why on any given day one of her witticisms will "pop" into my head and provoke a smile or perhaps a chuckle or two. As far as ability it remains to be seen if you can even ascend our latest project!!!! [laf]

Now as far as your character, attacking a young woman for shame! For shame! [Mad] Please act in a way Tim and Jon could be proud of!!!! Don't be the apple that spoils the bunch!

Cavey - I bet any rope you're hangin' on gets pretty thin! [Eek!]

PP

And did I mention she has good taste in music too?

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:

Cavey - I can attest to the fact that Allison is very well read and a witty and engaging conversationalist!
In short she
[rockband]
The "attitude" person I do not know.

PP

Plus did I mention she was cute?
[big Grin]

You got a fetish for hefty chics, or something?

Flick - leave cavey outta this!

And I sense a slight negative tone to your posting. I say free yourself from those simple and BS stereotypes forced on us by Cosmo or that scoundrel Versace. Physical beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Don't limit yourself to one colr when there is a whole rainbow. [big Grin]

Plus it's just not nice to be such a bore. [Mad]

PP

[ 09-18-2002, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Peter Puget ]

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:

Flick - leave cavey outta this!

And I sense a slight negative tone to your posting. I say free yourself from those simple and BS stereotypes forced on us by Cosmo or that scoundrel Versace. Physical beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Don't limit yourself to one colr when there is a whole rainbow.
[big Grin]

Plus it's just not nice to be such a bore.
[Mad]

PP

Keep telling yorself that as you swalow yet another twinkie and check your profile in the mirror. My guess is you outweigh Anna Nicole Smith.

Only Flick read this:

Flick for insults and trolls to work they must have at least the appearance of the truth. Your posts remind me of a young child claiming someone is a "poo poo" head. The insult just is ineffectual but does reflect on the mental development of the one hurling the insults. Please try harder! For two vastly different online styles that might help to "show you the ropes" I would check out Cavey's barrage against Lambone or any of Donna Top Step's initial postings.

PP

[ 09-18-2002, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Peter Puget ]