Support group needed

bubblebutt

Hello my name is bubblebutt and I am addicted to high priced tehnical clothing and gear.

They say admitting you have a problem is the the first step to dealing with your addiction.

I have just spent over $300 on new gear and clothing that I can ill afford. I am married with children and I know I should be saving more for college and retirement butI can't help myself. They keep producing new gear and the problem is some of the stuff really is better and lighter and safer so it's not just cosmetic.

Try explaining to your wife why you need a "quiver" of different skis for different conditions or both leashless and leashed ice tools. She now sarcastically wishes me good morning by saying " and how's quiver boy to-day?".

My climbing and skiing buddy is just as bad. He's new to the sport but can quote specifications from the Black Diamond cataloge by memory. We where in a store last night when he was quoting specs on climbing skins and after we had finished we looked at each other and realized we were sick!

I have the Acteryx catalog on my bedside table, he has the Black Diamond and Petz catalogs on his.

We need to form a support group or something that say meets at Muir the third Saturday of each month so we can start the healing.

Help me..................

Anybody else got this affliction? frown.gif

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

" and how's quiver boy to-day?"

yelrotflmao.gif thanks, i needed this today!

i can't help you with the support group, but i think that an effective strategy is to work on developing smug superiority for performing better with your old gear than others do with the latest stuff. can you think of greater satisfaction than effortlessly linking perfect turns on your no-side-curve-20year-old planks while the tech weenies struggle to recover hats and goggles under mounds of cascade glop? what about posturing in your never-resoled, ratty ebs after being alone in sticking the new difficult boulder problem that everyone talks about? or cheerfully adding a fresh junk of ductape to those tattered nylon rain paints while your companions commiserate about the new holes in their latest breathable turned-muddy rain gear? i could go on forever, just think of the possibilities .... smirk.gif