4 more years of...

EWolfe

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And next time you look at the Electoral College map and see that little blue strip on the left just remember we don’t need them to preserve the way of life that so many of us came here in the first place.

Peace!

While I'm trying to be optomistic on the local scale, fed policy will have a long-lasting effect from this outcome. Particularly with both houses of Congress in control of the right wingnuts. Endangered Species Act will be under severe attack and likely salmon will be delisted on account of hatchery fish, logging will be stepped up and NEPA requirements will be diminished. How many Supreme Court and other federal court appointees will be made in the next four years.

Reading some of the poll results are bizzare.

78% of those who voted for Bush believe that the US will find WMDs in Iraq - WTF?? Are these people morons?

45% of those who voted in Ohio consider themselves evangalical Christians - great, a country run by Bible thumpers.

In the mid-west and south "moral" issues were the turning point. --

I guess they feel that millions added to poverty, millions added to those without healthcare, corporate run government, misguided unjust wars, 1100 and counting dead sons and daughters, many tens of thousands of dead Iraqi civilians, Ken Lay and Enron, gutting of environmental laws, hundreds of thousands of job losses, reduction of liberties, etc, etc, etc.

All of this was less important than anti-abortion laws, keeping gays away from your children, and thumping the shi_ out of them damn Muslims. We're just so much more of a moral nation when these things are predominant in our government. It's ok to have a Christian-Taliban rule but that's because it's the right religion. No way is it anything like the Muslim-Taliban rule.

Give me a break bitches! You are all paranoid motherfuckers. I will bet each and everyone of you that there will be no draft implemented and that the Patriot Act will save lives without costing freedom.

Furthermore I think some perspective is in order. So far is the entirety of the Iraqui conflict, a little more than 1000 soldiers have been killed. In 20 minutes, 3,000 Americans were killed and 10,000 more put in jeopardy. I am more than willing to give Georgie some leeway in kicking some ass for a while. I would rather die than become a nation like france who when a terrorist has your citizen, you pull out. At the end of the next 4 years, you will see the fruits of out labours.

Some countries would physically throw the president out if they behaived like ours. I think we need to regain that kind of strength and remind the government who is boss.

Based on what appears to be the results of a fair election, the majority of the country would not agree. Disrespecting the results of a peaceful democratic election because the outcome is unfavorable is not appropriate. Other countries should be so lucky to have the process we enjoy. If change is desired, voter opinion needs to be changed, and that's not going to happen by ignoring the election results.

Give me a break bitches! You are all paranoid motherfuckers. I will bet each and everyone of you that there will be no draft implemented and that the Patriot Act will save lives without costing freedom.

Furthermore I think some perspective is in order. So far is the entirety of the Iraqui conflict, a little more than 1000 soldiers have been killed. In 20 minutes, 3,000 Americans were killed and 10,000 more put in jeopardy. I am more than willing to give Georgie some leeway in kicking some ass for a while. I would rather die than become a nation like france who when a terrorist has your citizen, you pull out. At the end of the next 4 years, you will see the fruits of out labours.

Umm...Do not discount the innocent lives of the Iraqi people. I think there were something like 10,000 deaths (estimates by Pentagon) that were the result of American actions. I am not counting former Iraq Military / current terrorist acts.

Part of my problem is that I just don't trust the Republicans to actually have run a fair election. I'm not sure about the "voter registrations not printed on thick enough paper" in Ohio, or the republican-financed voter registration employees throwing away democratic registrations here in Oregon. I mean, even just the lies coming from George's mouth during the race (Kerry wasn't much better, but at least he was somewhat better,) to dupe people into voting for him are enough to make this election a joke. Like it or not, our election process is a joke.

didn't we have freedom before the patrioct act though??

My purpose of citing the patriot act was to illustrate the power of states/local rights when people unite in opposition or support of something the federal government dictates. Other examples would include medical marijuana, gay marriage, and so on.

Umm...Do not discount the innocent lives of the Iraqi people. I think there were something like 10,000 deaths (estimates by Pentagon) that were the result of American actions. I am not counting former Iraq Military / current terrorist acts.

Estimates of Iraquis killed by Saddam exceeds 1,000,000 people.

The war is justified 30 different ways. Perhaps the main reason Bush gave for entry was not valid but there are scores of other reasons. Genocide, Humanitarian Tradgedies, not allowing unfettered UN inspections etc. It is impossible to say that this war in unjustified.

If those are the "reasons" then we are a country of hypocrites.

rumsfeld_hussein.jpg

Edited by NOLSe

Well tell me why it is wrong? Why is genocide not a good reason? It was in Germany, Yugoslavia, Japan, Sudan (oh wait Kofee said genocide is too strong a word there). You tell me that you don't think this is a valid reason for entering a country. Put aside your polarized politics for one minute and try to tell me with a straight face that 1) genocide did not happen. 2) Genocide os not a reasone to invade a country. True the dominant rational given was not a good one, but you cnnot throw the baby out with the bathwater.