4 more years of...

EWolfe

Regardless, FDR knew that the reaction of this embarbo would be war and he was right. If diplomacy fails, you are right, I do feel the only recourse is war. What do you suggest? Ignoring the cancer in hopes taht it goes away?

No, he didn't. If he did think that wouldn't our forces have been on alert wazzup.gif I'm sure he thought one of the outcomes might have been war, but that result was not inevitable.

In your world view what purpose does diplomacy hold if the end result is always war (as it was in WW2, Iraq, etc.)?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst president in a hundred years has the unequivocal support of a majority of Americans.

I agree, this is what hurts the most. I was holding out hope that most folks would be thinking "wow, this guy's way over the line, not at all the person I voted for in 2000". It's shocking to believe that the majority of people actually approve of what's going on.

It's almost as if some people I know are shackled into voting for him, no matter what he does, as it would represent a moral inconsistency to change their minds. I could certainly see myself struggling with that self analysis, as it might suggest a weakness in my convictions.

Regardless, FDR knew that the reaction of this embarbo would be war and he was right. If diplomacy fails, you are right, I do feel the only recourse is war. What do you suggest? Ignoring the cancer in hopes taht it goes away?

No, he didn't. If he did think that wouldn't our forces have been on alert wazzup.gif I'm sure he thought one of the outcomes might have been war, but that result was not inevitable.

In your world view what purpose does diplomacy hold if the end result is always war (as it was in WW2, Iraq, etc.)?

You are misquoting. I said that IF diplomacy did not work, war was an option. If the UN were not so limp dicked, it is possible that it would have worked against Iraq, but they have a precedence of being flacid when faced with conflict.

I dont know what is more disappointing, the fact our system elected a president 4 years ago without the popular vote, or the fact that there are enough blind, stupid, lemming americans to actually give him the popular vote after all the lies and bullsh*t he has delivered to the world.

That reminds DFA of another thing he thought of this morning. We wouldn't be in this, to quote C3PO, "ridiculous position," had the 2k election clusterfuck not been decided in the Texas Terror's favor.

In my liberal bubble perspective, republicans seem more likely to follow the status quo (ie parents, friends, neighbors), compared to democrats that seem more likely to question the current state of affairs and make autonomous decisions. At the same time, a considerable number of americans did vote for Kerry with the "anybody but bush" mentality. I dont agree with this, but am not certain that makes them blind, only aware of the current administrations state of affairs.

Well, one thing I hope comes of this is that the Democratic party finally goes through the bloody transformation from being the party of "Republican-lite" to something more progressive or perhaps we'll slide into a Mexican-style democracy ( a la the PRI ) where one party is pretty much in power for 70 years...

Well, one thing I hope comes of this is that the Democratic party finally goes through the bloody transformation from being the party of "Republican-lite" to something more progressive

You think this will get a Democratic candidate elected? I feel that if John Kerry would have stuck with his guns instead of asking his base what to do (via polls) he would hav slaughtered Bush. Instead he polarized his views and lost the middle.

Question... How many sitting presidents have been ousted in the middle of a war?

On the upside we'll get a nice swing and probably a good 8 years of Democrats after the next presidential election. Now if the supreme court justices can just hang on for 4 more years.

For me?? I don't think we should have invaded at all.

But if the president decides we are going to invade, would really have appreciate knowing the real reasons, and not have smoke blown up my ass.

On the first count I disagree with Bush, on the s

econd I lost respect for him.