Anyone owns Vasque Alpinista boots?

Alex_Mineev

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if this qualifies as a decent review :

http://www.rockandice.com/gear/130/gear.boots.1305.html

Tried a pair on recently from REI (since they were on sale). My feet measure 9.5, and the boots in 9.5 fit better than the 10's. Seemed too heavy for me - almost 5.5 pounds (Vasque is seriously lying about the weight). The laces were weird, just like the review warned. Finally decided that they were too narrow in the toes and too wide in the heel for me, but ymmv.

It also looked to me like smaller scree and whatnot could get in between the clear plastic and the synthetic upper, causing abrasion, but maybe that's not really an issue - gaiters probably would cover most of the openings.

I have a pair. Very stiff, good for mixed climbing with the S1 sole. It has taken a while to find the right combination of inserts to keep it from eating my feet but last time out I managed to be almost blister free. Very warm, pretty comfortable, good on ice and sticks to rock. I've done 14 mile round trip and an ice climb in them. What size are yer feet? Maybe I just sell you mine...Or pry them off my dead frozen body at the bottom of a cravasse.

-B

I like em just fine cuz I think they are solid, pretty light and comfy, warm, etc, and will last a while. I think the scarpa freney are pretty good too. so are the scarpa cerro torre thermos. the la sportiva trango ice has been my interim boot for 2.5 years now for everything from summer snow to -40 ice so I may not be the most reliable person to ask cuz I'll obviously wear anything.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a reason that the Ice 9k is on sale with Mgear right now. In January a reworked model of both the ice and the alpinista is coming out which might actually be closer to their claimed weight. I would love to be able to weight a pair of these and see what they really weigh. Also they will be orange!