FS: Sportiva and Asolo boots;3 pair

tread_tramp

A well used pair of the green Sportiva Trango boots with still a lot of life in them: euro size 44 1/2, $40. Sportiva Eiger(sold), used but still in very good condition with lot's of wear left in them: size 44, $100. (Asolo AFS 101 are sold). I'm in Seattle Capital Hill area if you want to check em out.

ps An old size ten pair of Montrail leather climbing boots: ten bucks.

pss A pair of Sportiva Mythos: size 42 1/2, $40.(sold)

psss Grivel G-12 step-in crampons: $70.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boots are for sale because they no longer fit my feet since an injury I had a couple summers back. They've been used very little since july '03. The trangos are the green colored trangos that have been replaced by the red colored Trango S. They are a few years old but still have a lot of wear to them. The Eigers are newer and in extremely good condition. I bought the Asolos off of Phil Dickert. Although He did a lot of climbing, These look like they haven't had a whole lot of use. There a few noticable crampon nicks, but other then that, they are like new. I didn't get a chance to use them before my foot size changed.

The Asolos are rigid plastic boots with an inner boot; definitely ice-friendly. The Eigers are leather boots with a very rigid sole. I've worn them up rainier a few times, but never done any technical ice in them. But they are suitible for Ice climbing. The asolos would be better for winter climbing. And although the eigers have rigid soles, they are a better boot for walking in than the asolos.

The inner boot is an integral part of the boot. Without them you would just be walking in the plastic shell. You need to have them together. People do take the inner boot out sometimes and put them in the sleeping bag over night to dry them out.

If you want to try them on first, like I said, I live on Capital Hill in Seattle. And I work on Airport Way a bit north of the Tullys (old Rainier Brewery). We can make arrangements via private messages.