Same side or opposing??

SnowByrd

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a total paranoid when it comes to the hangar...I know I'll get made fun of for this but being a newbie, I'm still learning...so I'll sure I'll lighten up (literally) with experience....for the hangers, opposing is automatic....in addition, I replace the hangar end of one draw with a locking biner that fits thru the anchor and I also replace the rope end with a locker as well. So they both oppose, and I've got lockers thru the anchor as well as for the rope.

2 draws for the hangers...one for each clip.

If you are saying you oppose locking biners on the rope end and then have locking biners opposed and connect to them for the rope to pass through you are not doing yourself any favor. What you have done is added two extra elements to your system that could fail, not that locking biners fail. My point is sometimes simpler is safer. The more complicated you make a system the more chances you create for error.

If any of you can get a biner to disengage from a bolt with rope tension, then you have powers beyond mine for fuckin' up. For that matter if you can get the rope to dissengage from a set of correctly opposed draws on a top rope anchor, I suggest you give up climbing and take up water colors.

because i am directionaly challenged i keep mine going the same direction. that way i know when i am placing the draw i can gage the direction(this way everything is in one direction and i don't have to think twice wink.gif ) that my fall my be and place the draw to "catch" my fall suposedly on the back of the beiner vs. the opening (excuse my lack of technical terms)... mostly because that is what i am used to.

as long as you are not back clipped or z clipped you are in pretty good shape.

I'm a total paranoid when it comes to the hangar...I know I'll get made fun of for this but being a newbie, I'm still learning...so I'll sure I'll lighten up (literally) with experience....for the hangers, opposing is automatic....in addition, I replace the hangar end of one draw with a locking biner that fits thru the anchor and I also replace the rope end with a locker as well. So they both oppose, and I've got lockers thru the anchor as well as for the rope.

2 draws for the hangers...one for each clip.

If you are saying you oppose locking biners on the rope end and then have locking biners opposed and connect to them for the rope to pass through you are not doing yourself any favor. What you have done is added two extra elements to your system that could fail, not that locking biners fail. My point is sometimes simpler is safer. The more complicated you make a system the more chances you create for error.

If any of you can get a biner to disengage from a bolt with rope tension, then you have powers beyond mine for fuckin' up. For that matter if you can get the rope to dissengage from a set of correctly opposed draws on a top rope anchor, I suggest you give up climbing and take up water colors.

I'm not that dumb....