Moving Back to WA

mtnrgr

I got a choice of where I can be stationed in WA. With a climbing prespective should I go to Ft. Lewis or Yakima/ Ellensburg? My wife needs to finish her anthropolgy Degree. How is CWU? Or should I try to get her into a Western WA school.

Hope to join y'all at a pub club soon bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If rock and Alpine, then I'd say Yakima. You have the Southern Cascades incl Mt Adams close, Tieton rock climbing area is very close, Vantage not too far, and as for Alpine the Stuart Range is closer to Yaki-Vegas than it is to Seattle. Yakima itself is hotter and drier in the Summer, colder in the winter (very decent ice climbing nearby) and weirder in general, but there it is.

• 3 years later...

I actually have an anthropology degree from WWU and have lived in Ellensburg and Seattle. The undergrad degrees at the Washington schools are all pretty good. And, the fact is Yakima/E-Burg puts you in a good location to get to a lot of alpine and rock areas in Washington and Oregon. The Puget Sound area is great for some people but folks not ready for the winter rains could find it dreary and depressing.