Climbers Board is

RobBob

Could you post links to posts in which I bagged someone who couldn't climb 5.10? I'd be curious to see them.

I'd also be curious to see who agree with your comment:

TR's are boring unless you do something that someone hasn't done before or you epic.

I think you should post a poll to see if others agree or disagree with you.

Before I joined the site my “climbs to do” list was big... since joining the site and reading others TRs my “climbs to do” list has roughly tripled. Additionally it has prompted me to explore alternate climbing styles that I had previously dismissed based on the success others had in a TR. So I welcome and encourage anyone to post a TR for anything.

Finally and most importantly: I am the first to admit I am egotistical… to the point it borders on shallow; it is something I constantly struggle with… As improbable as it might sound; I have actually decreased the size of my ego over the years ooo.gifblush.gif. The site definitely keeps me humble... or at least cuts me down to size… I think the other problem is my writing style in conjunction with the anonymous nature of a message board only propagates the perceived size of my ego... I would argue of the few people who have met me after reading my various posts most would agree I am just another passionate climber chasing his passion... nothing more… nothing less. I apologize if you can't swallow my ego... I can tell most people choke on it. But if you are willing to be patient with me I promise to try and put up with you.

Peace!

John

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could you post links to posts in which I bagged someone who couldn't climb 5.10? I'd be curious to see them.

TR's are boring unless you do something that someone hasn't done before or you epic.

Before I joined the site my “climbs to do” list was big... since joining the site and reading others TRs my “climbs to do” list has roughly tripled. Additionally it has prompted me to explore alternate climbing styles that I had previously dismissed based on the success others had in a TR. So I welcome and encourage anyone to post a TR for anything.

Finally and most importantly: I am the first to admit I am egotistical… to the point it borders on shallow; it is something I constantly struggle with… As improbable as it might sound; I have actually decreased the size of my ego over the years ooo.gifblush.gif. The site definitely keeps me humble... or at least cuts me down to size… I think the other problem is my writing style in conjunction with the anonymous nature of a message board only propagates the perceived size of my ego... I would argue of the few people who have met me after reading my various posts most would agree I am just another passionate climber chasing his passion... nothing more… nothing less. I apologize if you can't swallow my ego... I can tell most people choke on it. But if you are willing to be patient with me I promise to try and put up with you.

Peace!

John

"Quit your whining Kirb... we topped out just fine if I recall... Maybe if you trained a little more you could follow 11c instead of jug it… "

That is why I don't post them unless something notable happens. I hate reading lame Toof TR's but if they are funny and injected with some humour they are fun too. I was just telling you why I don't write as many, not making judgments on others.

Peace!

John

"Quit your whining Kirb... we topped out just fine if I recall... Maybe if you trained a little more you could follow 11c instead of jug it… "

Good catch but I work and climb with Kirb dog... As his cube is right next to mine I make sure to fart with my ass pushed against the cube wall on a daily basis... in addition to heckling him on line. FYI I also work with Illini so he also gets online heckling (my leg hurts...)

Honestly Ron climbs harder than me... its a shame he has only gone climbing twice this year (are you reading this ron?).

Additionally it has prompted me to explore alternate climbing styles that I had previously dismissed based on the success others had in a TR.

top roping Bunny Face?

Hockey skates with the blades cut off.

i call bullshit. americans don't ice skate. i bet you had to use rollerblades. the_finger.gif

I met NOLSe at Tuff Love a few weeks ago, he was one of the first people to walk up and talk to my antisocial ass and my two friends. He seemed just fine to me. Then I came back and read some of his past posts and what I saw more of was people calling him a chestbeater for silly little things. If there's a little ego thrown in every once in a while, I didn't notice and besides, who gives a shit? How about this: from now on, whenever I see NOLSe post anything, I'll call him a chestbeater or arrogant. That'll save you all the trouble. I'll even start today. And I like trip reports even for stuff that's been done before. So if there's a trip report for something that's been done before, how about you don't read it? If you see a TR for Das Toof, just pretend it says "[TR]My foreskin" and don't bother reading it.