• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

B_SLABS9.JPG

hahaha.gifthe_finger.gifhahaha.gif

i just love this picture. it is like a "spot the difference" game.

you got

1) chica on the left with the stealth pants-over-gaiters look

2) slab dude has super high flood pants, or pants tucked into his boots. also whats up with that sweater? is that an 11th essential?

3) granny on the right with her DFA brand Lycra tights, Goretex jacket on this fine sunny day, and gren wool gloves for high friction slab spotting

4) our favorite, "Fat Guy", after shining a compass in his own mouth during the route finding course, and getting his face farted in during the laybacking demo, now relaxes, serene in his absorption of superior mountaineering technique. He's thinkin his fashionable Nautica "waterproof-breathable" jacket will score him some face sitting time in the tent to night from spotter granny. smileysex5.gif And with a gut like that she wont need a thermarest to fall asleep on either!

just imagine the heady days of 1985 when that foreground bush was verdant and lush. "Yes! this is the perfect walking rock! If our footing is unsure and we fail to accurately land the hop to the small rock our fall will be broken by the bush!" ... and now so many years, so many tumbles later ... it is the bush itself that is broken cry.gif

This has to be the most over-analyzed photo on this site. Y'all need to think about applying to grad school.

shit man i have a (in the voice of the guy from npr) masters degree...in science!

and speaking for all who have less hair than they did a decade ago...comb overs are BAD. pitty.gif don't go there!

HANPK35.JPG

It warms the cockles to see these pics again...

IMG03.JPG

Scientific analysis.

1) What's the green thing on Butt Glissade Guy's pack? It looks like a rolled up foamy or thermarest, but it's MINISCULE? Maybe it's a neatly rolled green garbage bag. He forgot to use it to protect his horts when glissading. But this means, if caught in a suden storm, he can fashion a lightweight, acceptable ponch out of it buy cutting out arm holes and a neck hole! thumbs_up.gif

2) I love the pack this girl has laugh.gif. Finishing touch is the Backcountry Barista coffee mug hanging off the pack. You never know when you may come across a river of boiling coffee and have to french-press the grounds out! I think it'd be sort of like those chocolate rivers in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory bigdrink.gif

The dude in the background has shorts and gaiters but NO POLYPRO! Such deviation from the herd mentality is the sign of a worker unit going rogue. "I've seen things you've never dreamed of...attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" Geek_em8.gif