Mt. Hood

DavidHiers

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback.

I should have been a bit more wordy in my initial post. I doubt that I'll even attempt a summit bid, which is usually an implied goal in climbing (and a safe assumption by the reader). I probably should have used the term "mucking about on" instead of "climing"!

I'm mostly interested in staying in shape and experimenting with various alpine techniques. As always, the nature and scope of the climbing will be found in the intersection of my (rather lame) abilities and the objective conditions. The ultimate goal of each session is, of course, a Storm'n Norman burger back at the lodge.

Thanks for the feedback.

I should have been a bit more wordy in my initial post. I doubt that I'll even attempt a summit bid, which is usually an implied goal in climbing (and a safe assumption by the reader). I probably should have used the term "mucking about on" instead of "climing"!

I'm mostly interested in staying in shape and experimenting with various alpine techniques. As always, the nature and scope of the climbing will be found in the intersection of my (rather lame) abilities and the objective conditions. The ultimate goal of each session is, of course, a Storm'n Norman burger back at the lodge.

Well spoken David. Camping high and skiing, summiting or just picking out a small steep, nearby close objective as conditions dictate and permit use to be a great joy of mine. Of course, in those times when the weather went bad, just getting down can be quite an interesting time as well. It always struck me with wonderment how radiacally conditions could change in the winter.

Have fun!

Hi David -

Your attitude and appraoch toward winter outings sounds great. Are you new to the NW and climbing or is "casual" your standard approach toward climbing/skiing/et? Regardless, I'd be interested in teaming up for a trip this winter. Send PM if you want to discuss further - Cheers, Jim