Hypothetical Question

skykilo

Suppose, just for a second, that you don't have a 9-5 job. For instance, if you're a financial consultant, imagine that you are a self-employed painter or something to that effect.

Now really stretch the creative side of your cranium. Envision copious quantities of early season precipitation, surely snow high on any massive volcano in Washington.

Add to these conceptions the possiblity of a good weather window on Thursday. Now the question is, what would you do?

You could ski Mt Baker. The glaciers there were looking pretty good three weeks ago. The Park Headwall is bound to be pillows. The worst possibility is that it could be crust, and then you enjoy a vertical mile of powder down the Coleman-Deming route. Sigh.

Then there is always Mt Baker's bastard cousin, Mt Rainier. Snow conditions there never seem to be as sure of a bet. But it's always enticing to think big.

I eagerly await guidance.

Just to further indulge all this ludicrous talk, here's a picture with exquisite powder on the Coleman Glacier from October 2002:

SkysOctoberFreshies.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You rock Sky. Thanks for getting me even more amped than I am already. I am like dynamite with the fuse almost burning into the gunpowder, in that moment of silence in anticipation of the shockload so immense that it echos in my mind forever.

It is snowing in the mountains. Minutes feel like hours in anticipation of that one moment when your mouth is full of fine crystal powder from swimming so deep that you feel more like a dolphin than a human.

404458-ski_dagen.jpg

Lets rip.

404458-ski_dagen.jpg.e782f9780f8472b686a058f962a7a930.jpg

RuMR, we already fucking know how you feel about snow. STFU and quite acting like a six year old. Enough already. thumbs_down.gif

its not RuMR who looks like a six year old around here...

Imagine the crap I would get for going to rockclimbing.com and saying, "Rockclimbing SUX." I would get some serious smack flung my way. Anyone who has the gumption to come to the freshiezone should expect the same. Anyhow, I've nothin' better to do than act like a 6 year old when I'm having freshie withdrawls. hahaha.gif