• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
wind_river51

uhh

I love the Pacific Northwest, if my body left, my soul never budged. I wanted it so bad when I was here, to be there. I missed my friends, the whole little world of it. The Olympics and Cascades framing my worl into an understandable domain, the straight of jaun de fuca leading outward to further vistas- further as a possibility. I would sit in my little hot apartment in Hawaii on a crowded busy fellaheen street and dream of the Olympic national park, the untouchable nature just everywhere, taking you in and the rain and fog and storm of the coasts, never a lonelier or more wild space. The wild western Olympic peninsula, nothing but fallen in old houses, sad and torn and gone, sad little weedy roadsides, and crossroads markets- lonely state aprks and rainy wet cold metal guardrails alongside a suicide bleak highway in the rain of November, or the heat and foxglove dusty sweetness of june. Theres anywhere you can go, all you need is a car or a friend with a car, theres the city up there, the other city down there , the ocean over there the mountains practially ontop of you on either side, looming and casting great shadows over the Puget sound.

Do you know what is between the east and west sides of the Olympic range? If you had ever seen it with your own eyes you would never doubt the wildness of Washington state.

Great essay!

Almost makes me glad I live here again!No for real I woulndt want to live any where else. Hope you make it back

Edited by wayne1112

di·a·tribe

n.

A bitter, abusive denunciation.

Come on people let's put the internet to good use