Ideas for the weekend

mvs

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 12 hours to Stanley, Idaho. I went there last month when the weather went south right after Labor Day.

The outdoors are higher elevation there (the bottom's about 6500') so if you go, expect cold and possible SNOW!

I'd recommend it if you are looking for a change of scenery though. Awesome!!

I don't know why everyone is so concerned:

Leavenworth

Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain in the morning...becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon. Breezy...cooler. Highs in the mid 50s to lower 60s. West wind 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 35 mph.

Saturday night: Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s.

Sunday and Sunday night: Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 40s to mid 50s. Lows in the lower 30s.

I'm going cragging and if it rains, then we'll hit the Enchantments. you don't have to get permits after today.

fyi, Stanley looks like it's gonna get hit this weekend though.

Yos. is also 12 hours away..... hahaha.gif

But I think I will just take another swill of the old cough syrup and dream I am in Yos., ahh thats nice, who says night quill isn't the shizza. Man, I never knew I could pull so hard, this stuff is really confidence building.

bigdrink.gif(cough syrup)

Here's the latest eastside, including for Wenatchee and Leavenworth.

REST OF TODAY...PARTLY CLOUDY LATE IN THE MORNING...BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 60S TO MID 70S.

TONIGHT...A 70 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN AND HIGH MOUNTAIN SNOW. BRISK. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. SNOW LEVEL 6500 FEET. LOWS IN THE 40S. WIND WEST 15 TO 25 MPH IN THE MOUNTAINS.

SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW IN THE MORNING...BECOMING PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. WINDY...COOLER. SNOW LEVEL 5000 FEET. HIGHS IN THE 50S. NORTHWEST WIND 15 TO 30 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 50 PERCENT.

SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL 4000 FEET. LOWS IN THE MID 30S.

SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS AND A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS...NEAR THE CREST. SNOW LEVEL 4000 FEET. HIGHS IN THE 50S TO LOWER 60S. LOWS IN THE LOWER TO MID 30S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT.

Good stuff all, thanks I needed some perspective ("I'm your host, at 4:30 in the a.m., this is Perspectives").

Thanks for the Idaho suggestion Marylou. If it were 7 hours I'd do it, 12 is sadly too much. Prob'ly see you guys at Smith or Icicle cragging!

I had an amazingly vivid dream a year ago. My wife and I were at a Christmas party in a very nice house perched atop the Dreamer slabs. I was getting increasingly worried about driving home, because it was starting to snow. I figured that if the snow began to stick to the slabs, we wouldn't be able to safely drive down.

I had an amazingly vivid dream a year ago. My wife and I were at a Christmas party in a very nice house perched atop the Dreamer slabs. I was getting increasingly worried about driving home, because it was starting to snow. I figured that if the snow began to stick to the slabs, we wouldn't be able to safely drive down.

In other news, Microsoft is now giving it's employees shrooms to help them expandimitate their creative horizons in an effort to create innovative products, and not without a hint of irony, just like Steve Jobs had Apple employees doing over 15 years ago.