When life is tough, read this.

Bill_Simpkins

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a film about this guy a while back. He's a total animal. He "hiked" into some New Zeland peak that took him several days to get to the base. He drives a car with these weird hand controls. Pretty fiesty. Hard to complain about minor aches and pains.

I saw a slideshow/presntion by Tim O'neil last year. Along with several others Tim helped him scale Yosimite. He jugged the whole way, but with out any legs he had to do thousands of chinups to ascend. How many chinups can you do? I get like 20... weak cry.gif.

I met Warren and spent some time talking to him at the Ouray Ice Festival last January. With the exceptions of tottering when he walks, being as tall as a normal man's solar plexis, being built like a tank, having that accent that creates the expectation he'll break into talking about crocodiles at any moment, and being married to one of the world's top women ice climbers he's as casual as a marmot.

He has prosthetics that allow him a normal standing height, but said he rarely uses them as he's much more agile with the stubbies. He knows his public presence on the stubbies make most people uncomfortable, but says it's "not his job to make sure people are comfortable" when life confronts them with the presence of an "abnormal" person.

He's as calm as an Hindu cow... just amazed by the direction his life is on.