what's up w/the PRG?

layton

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are these mythical clubsport milfs? Not in the climbing area, I assure you.

Ah you need to go to some of the aerobics classes. Mornings and afternoons seem to have the highest concentrations. Also try some of the social functions like the coffee/book club.

If you go at the right time it's like a MILF meat market.

OK Gary I have been a member for years but am really thinking about dropping my yearly membership for these reasons.

1) I can even pay on a visit by visit basis and save money 7 months out of the year.

2) When I can go in not having climbed in the gym for a month and still see the same problems and routes it makes me PISSED.

3) Yoga blows as your attendance to the classes prove. Free weights and a stairclimber/treadmill or two would be a larger investment but might ease my ire of the absorbadant price of the gym.

4) Of the years that I have been a member attending fairly regularly I have never been asked what I thought about the gym or even been spoken to by anyone who works there about making the gym better. Basically I don't feel any comraderie or loyalty. I don't really need this but if you want people to speak beneficially about your company, you should be trying to make the public feel welcomed and appreciated.

Don't send the Gym Manager here to ask me to send emails. Its your business, you come to me. Fix it or rely on another demographic for business.

Well, I've been climbing at PRG since it was over on 26 in Beaverton and I've followed Gary's 4-5 year saga to site/finance a new gym pretty closely and feel I owe it to him to see if things don't change a bit for the better. So I signed up for a month at PRG and will see if anything changes - I'm headed for Red Rocks (Epinephrine) when it runs out in mid-Nov. and then I'll decide what to do for the winter. I'm hoping to see things change a bit personally, but it could be that it is actually working for them from a business perspective and Gary actually has put everything on the line building this gym so that's cool too if that's the way it works out.

Michael,

That might be possible if Gary had partners or the gym was run by a larger corporation, but that's not the case and it only stands at all because Gary has proven himself capable of keeping his eye on the ball and doggedly pursuing the goal of a new gym for years. Attempt after attempt fell through either because the city or neighborhood blocked the siting of a new gym at a given locale. Gary dropped a LOT of coin on studies during those attempts to please the city and/or neighborhoods but to no avail. All the previous attempts were leasing with lease partners some of whom backed out. He finally just bought a piece of ground so he wouldn't be dependent on another flakey lease partner. He then ponied up everything he has in the world and then some to make the new PRG happen. If it doesn't succeed, he and his family will not fair well. He has, as the expression goes, "run it out" on this venue and that requires no less balls than it does on rock. So I'm inclined to cut him a lot of slack, even if I ultimately don't like the choices he makes relative to his business...

So gang, aside from the cost, which I'm guessing even Gary has only so much leeway in given the financing, any more suggestions that the PRG folks can actually do something about? I think I noticed an attempt at new bike racks so they must be listening. And there is at least a reasonable route up the overhang even if it isn't a total laptrack...