Server Errors

jon

Would everyone please do me a huge favor and participate in this poll. Over the last month or so we have recieved numerous emails from people complaining about "500 internal server error" messages. Some people have been unable to logon at home or work and thus been unable to spray [Frown] . I don't believe the problem is on our end, but something to do with an caching issue either at your hosting providers, somewhere on the internet, or at possibly our webhosting. Anyways thats for taking the quick second to fill this out. [HORSECOCK]

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah one more thing If you have had persistant problems, lets say at least a couple hours of errors, but are no longer having any problems, please post what you did to fix the problem including what OS and browser you are using.

Thanks, Jon

my OS was not listed - Solaris 8 running Netscape 4.79 [Roll Eyes]-

my experience is that it starts loading the main forum page then seems to poop out when it hits the chat hack. But I don't know nuthin about computers [geek] I just made that guess because the URL that displays in the location box accompanying the 500 error is this:

www.cascadeclimbers.com/cgi-bin/chat.cgi?f=summary

^^^^ [Eek!]

Ron- Yeah I screwed up but I can't go back and fix it.

Fern- A woman who uses Solaris, will you marry me!

I'm going to check out the chat hack, this might be the problem looking at the error logs. What I don't understand is why there are only a few people who have the problem persist throughout the day and even follow them home when for most of us hitting the refresh button solves the problem. I'm not really educated on this subject but I know that some companies and possibly some service providers have network caching appliances to lower their bandwidth outside their intranet, and the people who are suffering from these problems are on these types of networks. I haven't seen any evidence so far that indicates that this is a browser/OS issue.

Server errors?

Well, this one time, I ordered Fettucine Carbonara, and got Chimichangas de Pollo instead. I mean, c'mon, that's not even close. China isn't ANYWHERE near Denmark! Honestly, what was he thinking?

EDIT: Can't spel gud

[ 09-11-2002, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Cletus ]

I get no 500 errors but I find that when you go to a topic from the Topics of the Day list, then go "back" to the topics of the day, you get some old topics of the day from hours previously, and have to "refreshiez" to see the current topics of the day in chrono order.

and as for system... I am running BASIC on a cluster of 100 linked Commodore Vic-20's with magnetic tape drives [Roll Eyes]

[ 09-11-2002, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Dru ]