Shell Pants for skiing

TomR

Okay, so the question is what shell pants work for both skiing in the bc and at the hill? I've been looking at the Cloudveil pants, the Pattygo Primos and Stretch Elements, and the Arcteryx Theta SK. Anyone have any experience with any/all?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

confused.gif anything you can wear for the bc can be used "at the hill." i've found that it helps to have some "regular" ski pants if you're doing lots of hill skiing, though. (heavy hill skiing can wreak more havoc on a $450 pair of bibs than you might care for in the long run ... and sometimes it's nice to have pants you don't have to layer for those long layovers on the chair. tongue.gif)

Except for pants with Keprotec or similar reinforcement on the inside legs, a feature often missing on cheapo pants. I have the Arc'teryx, nice mid bib height.

my arcteryx bibs have those too. somehow i still manage to get ski cuts outside the patches, but i would hate to imagine how they'd look if they didn't have those!

I got some schoeller WB400 pants from beyondfleece.com, which have worked pretty well. I stay drier with them than with my old gore-tex pants. And they are inexpensive, and you can customize them with the features you want (e.g. full zip, crampon patch, etc...)

Best for coldish weather, since they are quite warm.