Speeding Tickets in Oregon

SnowByrd

Try to get the fine reduced or whatever, but committing perjury isn't an acceptable option - regardless of the example set by our former president.

You were speeding and got caught. Suck it up and take your punishment.

cluck...stfu...55 on deserted desert highway in good weather conditions is completely, totally STUPID!!! the_finger.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to get the fine reduced or whatever, but committing perjury isn't an acceptable option - regardless of the example set by our former president.

cluck...stfu...55 on deserted desert highway in good weather conditions is completely, totally STUPID!!! the_finger.gif

...so is 94 rolleyes.gif

I got pulled over on Hwy 2 last week on the way to Leavenworth not far from the Rest Area. My speedo said 58. The cop said I was doing 67. I told him so. I lucked out and he gave me a warning. He also gave me one of those cards that allow you to check your speedometer over a measure mile. By George, he was right. I've had that truck with those tires for years and never knew the speedometer was off by that much.

...so is 94 rolleyes.gif

no...not really...not if its sunny, no traffic, clear line of sight, no animals/livestock...unless of course you are an idiot w/ a cell phone in your ear... the_finger.gif

I'm not agreeing with the speed limit on that stretch of road - I'm just saying don't make up bullshit lies just because you think you deserve special treatment.

boxing_smiley.gif

...so is 94 rolleyes.gif

no...not really...not if its sunny, no traffic, clear line of sight, no animals/livestock...unless of course you are an idiot w/ a cell phone in your ear... the_finger.gif

Dude... shit happens and at 90 miles an hour the average driver cant swerve out of the way of a deer... there is just no way. I hit a deer and I was only going 45 miles an hour. It is just plain stupid. Kinda shit I did when I was 16 really...

hmmm...ever drive in europe?? Also, i did specifically say SUNNY, CLEAR LINE OF SIGHT AND NO ANIMALS...so all of your arguments are bunk

Yes in fact. There are no animals in Europe anymore. There is nowhere in that section of the highway that you are not at risk having a deer run accross the highway. Your theoretical assertations are just that... theoretical. In the real world a deer could have jumped out and they could all be dead or worse yet, she could have swerved and killed someone else.

Is that 6 state troopers thing really true? Or is it a myth?

I'm pretty sure it's more than 6, but it's not far from the truth. In Oregon, your odds of getting nailed by a state cop (and they WILL nail you, given half a chance) are much less than in Washington, simply due to much lower numbers of troopers. But when you DO caught, you're gonna pay, as that's about the only way of keeping the revenue up, offsetting the reduced number of cops.

By the way, if you get pulled over by an OSP trooper, don't think you're going to be able to talk your way out of it. It's common opinion within local law enforcement communities that they'd ticket their own grandmothers.

Your choice...i don't see anything wrong necessarily w/ 90+ miles an hour under certain conditions...sorry i don't...good tires, a good suspension and miles of visibility...

it wasn't long ago when there were NO speed limits on certain stretches of highway in montana...

hmmm...ever drive in europe??

Driving in europe is different than driving in the US. Motorists in europe (well at least western europe) pay much better attention than we do here. Not that this has much to do with anything, but it's actually common practice to pass cars on a 2-lane road with oncoming traffic. The car getting passed moves off to the right, the oncomming traffic moves off to the left, and the car passing straddles the yellow line. Since everyone on the road knows what's going on, as long as the road is wide enough to accomodate 3 vehicles then it's no big deal.

If you tried that move over here, you'd get smashed to smithereenies.

it wasn't long ago when there were NO speed limits on certain stretches of highway in montana...

I remember that. You could drive at whatever speed you liked as long as it was "reasonable and prudent." However, the general rule there was that anything over about 85 mph was not reasonable.

OK - I'll stop dogpiling now... wave.gif

When I lived in Ridgecrest the limit was still 55 in CA, but we knew lot of CHP and they really did not care about speed on 395 regularly went 85+ on way to Sierra. OR is different they still play dead cuts from the 70's. Safe and prudent is well up in the 80's so it goes.

I can think of no stretch in Oregon from Smith where 90+ is reasonable.

I also think hwy 26 from Terrebonne to Govy is one of the most dangerous stretches of hwy on Sunday. Everyone wants to get home, there is truck traffic on hills and passing spots are few, so everyone is taking risks. There are more than a few accidents in that area, including a recent gas tanker vs. car head-on that set the whole road on fire for a few hours with accompanying fireball. I do a lot of speeding in the 75mph range, but I also know what my vehicle is capable of.

When I lived in Ridgecrest the limit was still 55 in CA, but we knew lot of CHP and they really did not care about speed on 395 regularly went 85+ on way to Sierra. OR is different they still play dead cuts from the 70's. Safe and prudent is well up in the 80's so it goes.

Not sure if you were aware, but 395 from Ridgecrest/California city to Bishop was the deadliest stretch of highway in CA from 1990-1995

and as far as montana is concerned, the no speed limit zones are currently 75mph speed zones.. that is still 20mph faster than 55.

I am just saying that if you are going 40 over the speed limit, you need to adjust your schedule to allow more driving time, and reduce the dangers on the highway.