• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
scott_harpell

Great Indoor Climbing Music

Good for getting pumped up let's see, Van Halen does the trick, other times stuff like Green Day is good for climbing hard. My gym is always playing this random indie wanna-pop stuff, it's so tiresome.

The only thing that is worse is the really crappy trance stuff. I can climb to aphex twin and hard d'n'b'. Souther rock gets me going soemtimes when i am in the right mood.

sometimes rap is really good. I tend to listen to a lot of Muse, that shit pumps me up.

Anything with a little bit harder type rock. come down to the Turbo Monkey Thunder Dome and listen.

Yeah, like the sax solo on "Careless Whisper"? That always gets me ready to send on plastic!

Scott, have you posted this question on rockclimbing.com? It might get a more enthusiastic reception there...

i love interpol. also good is greenday, social distortion, muse, and once in a while head automatica. my gym likes to play the zepp and acdc and i think that works best

I like hard driving techno, hardcore or punk type stuff when bouldering, but when it come to routes my all time favorites are St Germain, Sneaker Pimps, and Nightmares on Wax.

Paradoxically, my favorite climbing music is also my favorite music in general. I'd just as soon not have any music playing at the gym, though, because I zone out and miss parts I like, or the lame tunes someone else likes seep in between routes.

Morphine's Cure for pain was one of three CD's that played at Cascade Crags for over two years.

Mark Sandman, you are missed,...... you stupid bastard.