Ascensionist.com

John Frieh

AAHHHHHHHHHH! I see what you are talking about. The problem arised when I asked for people to put in the topic Suggestion Box and you put Banning Suggestions, so when I sort by subject, and since the letter S is way after B I don't see the email. I'll get back to you shortly.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. Please invite anyone you know who can contribute positively to

register a username.

Ahhh NOLSe, how they misjudged you. Little did the erstwhile folks at Ascentionist know you would immediately post the invite on CC.com for all to see. yellaf.gif

I think any thread that both you and Rumr post in is automatically a spray thread... hahaha.gif

ahhh come on... a little verbal sparring gets everyone fired up for the week!! Its a good thing!!

Dear Ascensionist:

There’s a new Internet based climbers’ resource—Ascensionist.com. An

alternative to other climbing Bulletin Board Systems (e.g., cc.com, etc.);

less bickering and BS; more talk of climbing.

You’ve received this e-mail because I’ve hand selected you to participate

in Ascensionist.com. Please help the popularity and usefulness of the

site by registering a username and posting trip reports, conditions, and

discussion of all things climbing (access issues, etc.).

Naturally, with any new BBS, Ascensionist.com will initially lack content,

but with your help this will change. I believe it’s time for a better

climbers’ resource; a resource where climbers don’t have to wade through

10 pages of non non sequiturs and useless posts to get to information

related to climbing; and a place where people aren’t censored or banned

for expressing climbing views and opinions that aren’t mainstream.

Ascensionist.com isn’t yet perfected by any means; as the site’s

popularity increases, and as I receive user feedback, I will change the

site (whether by adding categories, or by implementing greater

functionality), to best suit its users.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message and please visit:

Ascensionit.com!

Thanks,

The Ascensionist

P.S. Please invite anyone you know who can contribute positively to

register a username.

i got this today. do thease people have any IDEA who iam... I think I have ONE TR on this site yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Me too grin.gif

I posted a trip report of being rained on at the UW rock once, that's about it though.

Have to admit, browsing through asc.com was a hoot - Lambone spraying on everything. Made me start rooting for Dwayner and Cpt. Caveman and Trask and other bannees, you know, all happy spraying each other down.

Maybe dissensionist.com would have been more apt?

Edited by fleblebleb

It's a cool idea. I hope it works out for whoever put the site up. It has cc.com's good design and ease of use but going for a broader base beyond the PNW. thumbs_up.gif

CC.com is fun but I don't live in WA anymore, ya know? I've always thought it would be great to have a site like cc.com but geared towards climbers from all over...not just the PNW. It could fit the bill.

The sections/ divisions for Trip Reports already kicks cc.com's ass. Having a designated place for TR's of international climbs and climbs outside of the PNW is a great idea that cc.com should follow too.

good luck,Ascensionist.

I've always thought it would be great to have a site like cc.com but geared towards climbers from all over...not just the PNW

Have you tried http://www.rockclimbing.com ? yelrotflmao.gif

Seriously though Griz, I think there is a Boulder version of the climbingmoab site. Climbingboulder.com or something similar, you should give it a look. The Moab version has pretty good beta.

Yeah, climbingboulder.com is a site you guys should envy as a resource for climbing . It really is a pretty impressive site if you want beta/ rte pics in Colorado. However, if you wanna shoot the shit/talk shit/get a chuckle with climbers online it has nothin' on cc.com. Wish there was a site as active/funny as this site that focused on the rockies but it ain't so.

Back in the day I talked with the guy who runs climbingboulder, nice guy from where I grew up, and he tried to pitch to us running their backend software and their design. We decided to go our own improvised route, hence spray. Funny looking back at that.