The Debate

olyclimber

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright I'll chime in the conservative environmentalist. "The pres. and I have strong convictions" John Kerry. Please explain to me what his convictions are. confused.gif

Don't confuse flexibility with lack of conviction. Kerry can atleast touch his toes, the last time Bush tried that he fell off his bike! cantfocus.gif

Conservative environmentalist - I like it

Twice I've heard Kerry say we had Osama bin Laden cornered in Tora Bora (but we didn't catch him). How does he know that Osama was really there? Was it widely known? Curious. Rhetoric or reality?

This was a strong rumour (which we can neither prove nor disprove).

Remember this spring when the Army was landing helicopters on Huntington (AK)? It was the consensus that these were training runs for a Tora Bora assault on Bin Laden.

Doug, I'm a moderate; not a republican, not a democrat, not nuthin'. I often sound like a republican on this site cuz I'm trying to get liberals' goats. All liberals think anyone farther right than them has to be conservative (republican). All non-liberals are not necessarily conservatives.

I don't really care who wins the Presidential election.

He's not Doug, I'm him. I consider myself a moderate too, but I like coming off as a liberal because their is nothing funnier than goading a right winger all the way to......BANNED CAMP!!!! fruit.gif

He's not Doug

I'm not Doug?

Damn it, I just told my mom the other day that Ive finally figured out who I am confused.gif

Im going to have to rethink this whole thing now, take some time...re evaluate...you know...things look different now....somehow....darker...bleeker...

goodbye cruel world cry.gif

In general, I thought Bush handled himself better than last time, though he did blow up that one time in the middle of the debate.

I was disappointed with Kerry because he kept repeating the same soundbites and he spent more time talking about Bush's failed plans than his own plans. But then again, the point of the debate is not for Kerry to woo me but to woo the average undecided voter.

Nevertheless, Bush and Kerry were able do distance themselves from each other on several important issues, including stem-cell research.

A few random comments:

Bush's thing about how small-business owners would be put out of business from tax hikes on the highest brackets. That's bullshit. Even if you're not using a separate business acount, you can still take all your business deductions on your personal taxes, meaning you're not going to be taxed on income that's really going to pay for employees, etc.

The question from a person who was concerned that her tax dollars would fund abortions annoyed me: because no one asked a similar question about their tax dollars funding a misguided WAR.

I read some fact check stuff after the debates and found out that the 900k number that Bush says Kerry's tax plan affects includes anyone that makes even $1 from a small business, and apparently this includes Bush himself, since he claimed part ownership in a timber company on his 2001 tax return, which is what Kerry mentioned but didn't elaborate on. It's a shame he didn't, because I think it would have made his point much better.

if kerry really wants to win a debate what he needs to do at the end of the next one is turn to the moderator and say "there is one thing that really concerns me about president bush (looking straight at the camera)...he can't say nuclear" then he can flash his three purple hearts, just like that jib-jab cartoon. if he does that he has my vote yelrotflmao.gif

Either that, or when Bush says he's made no mistakes other than hiring guys who ended up dissing him, Kerry should reply with something like, "You don't consider 1000 American soldiers dying while at the same time making us more vulnerable to terrorism a mistake!? This president is in a fantasyland ladies and gentlemen. How can you get us out of a mess, if you don't even recognize there is a mess. etc...", instead of the same boring shit he's said three times in the debate already. rolleyes.gif

What a putz! Kerry's already decided to play the Iraq card. No more holding back