From the Shrub's home state...

RuMR

While suturing a laceration on the hand of a 70-year-old Texas Rancher (whose hand had caught in a gate while working cattle), a doctor and the old man were talking about George W. Bush being in the White House. The old Texan said, "Well, ya know, Bush is a 'post turtle.'" Not knowing what the old man meant, the doctor asked him what a post turtle was. The old man said,

"When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle." The old man saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain: "You know he didn't get there by himself, he doesn't belong there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just want to help the poor stupid bastard get down."

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your anger towards Bush ever change to pity?

What's hard for me is not being able to see the candidates as human, and I suppose that's from the distrust that's almost inherent in politics. I'm sincerely saddened by this. I'm saddened because I know that Bush is human, and feels and thinks, and has similar motivations and problems and neuroses as I do.

My New Third Quarter Resolution: I will not hate Bush. I will create space in my heart for Bush. I will even say a prayer for Bush, NOT to win the presidency, by God, but that he too shall know peace and ease and well-being and comfort.

yup...i feel bad for him...in fact, i'm gonna do my part to take him off the post and return him to his home so he can go on living his poor hard life...

in reality, its hard for me to feel bad for him when i see the total freaking mess goin' on in iraq right now...and for the life of me, i can't see how we are gonna get out of it cleanly regardless of who's elected...

I think he is an "ordinary guy", but one who's had a life of extraordinary priveledge. I can't fault him for this.

As a statesman, I think he's a failure. He has made awful decisions, cannot learn from his mistakes, is stubborn and entirely non-self-reflective....

But, I won't hate him for this! I'll still try to keep an opening for him, an opening that allows me to see him as human. I've found that hating anyone hardens me up too much, and that ain't good for me yo.

I have love for George W. Bush, but I sure as heck ain't gonna vote for him....

(ahhh, much better....)

During last week's debate there was one point where he paused and said "no, I'm going to answer this" - or something like that - and then he made a statement. I can't remember just what he said but I got the immediate and disctinct impression that he was responding to a teleprompter.