NOAA Mountain Weather Forecast links down or?

blue_morph

All my bookmarks have changed for the NOAA Mtn weather forecasts. These are the ones for the western slopes of north cascades...... etc. Perhaps it is a temporary glitch but the message comes up that I need to update my bookmarks. Anyone else having this problem? FWIW I have found those links to be the hardest to find by simply navigating the home page of just about any website I've ever used.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that link very much! I knew the same information had to be in a different wrapper.

From this link you have to point to where you think Mt Baker is to get the "western slopes of the north cascades" forecast, and point to where you think Winthrop is to get the "eastern slopes" and so on. I'll probably point to all the regional ones and recreate my bookmarks. Once you are in your regional forecast there is a new "experimental" feature. You can click right on say 12 miles or so from Stehekin and get a grid cell based forecast for that point. It tells what elevation that point is and in theory can give you a "to the point" forecast. I'm a little skeptical. I have found the regional mountain forecasts to be more than accurate as they come complete with snow level for that area, chance of precip / thundershowers / etc wave.gif