Road-Ragers for Kerry

Greg_W

Last Saturday I was at the Southcenter mall and there was a OSUV (Obese S.U.V.) w/ a Bush/Cheney sticker on it. It's ass-end was sticking 3+ feet out of the back of the parking stall, while there was a good 3+ feet of empty stall in front of it. Being that I was in a foul mood due to the fact I was there and not in the hills I left a very civil note on their windshield that said "you park about as well as your candidate debates."

FWIW, road rage is road rage. Political spin doctors will put whatever spin they want on it.

Edited by Doug

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Saturday I was at the Southcenter mall and there was a OSUV (Obese S.U.V.) w/ a Bush/Cheney sticker on it. It's ass-end was sticking 3+ feet out of the back of the parking stall, while there was a good 3+ feet of empty stall in front of it. Being that I was in a foul mood due to the fact I was there and not in the hills I left a very civil not on their windshield that said "you park about as well as your candidate debates."

FWIW, road rage is road rage. Political spin doctors will put whatever spin they want on it.

In the X32 parking lot there was one really huge new shiny SUV. On the back windshield there was a Climbers4Kerry sticker. The irony nearly killed me. hahaha.gif

Whoever the owner is: the_finger.gif

WTF is your point Greg?

My point is, how has America gotten to the point where this type of activity is acceptable?

It's not. Duh. Road rage has nothing to do with politics. rolleyes.gif

The specific incident that prompted this thread WAS politically-motivated, as the perpetrator went on and on about the victim's choice of candidates (as advertised by his bumper sticker).

Just out of curiosity, what radio station reported this? The only reason I ask is because I wonder if this station reports on a "Fair and Balanced" basis. In other words, of the hundreds of road rage incidents that happen on a daily basis, this one was singled out because it was politically motivated?

Edited by Doug

Case closed.

Huh? So, let me get this straight: you are completely discrediting this story simply due to the fact that it was reported on a Republican radio host's show? This guy that called up was a liar? This is how you judge truth? That's fucked up. Don't like the source, must be untrue? Tell me you're joking. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. You fucking people are hopeless if that's all the "proof" you need to debunk a story. A fucking joke. I don't know why I stick around, except for the mere reason that there should be an opposing viewpoint. That seems hopeless, though.

A random call-in on a republican radio talkshow is considered reliable news to you? If you get into an accident or an altercation on the road, how do you tell your friends about it? I doubt it's very balanced.

That said, it may well be the truth, but now you judge the entire pool of voters for Kerry based on some asshole on the commute? I know plenty of people who are jerks that are probably voting for Kerry. They're a dime a dozen.

No, Iain, I don't judge the whole pool of Kerry voters by this individual (my girlfriend's probably voting for Kerry and she's a very responsible driver). I've heard of these instances from several sources; makes me think it is not so isolated. I heard of several on Vashon.

you mean that right-wing nutjob station that organized pro-war demonstrations last year? (kvi is owned by clear channel which banned the dixie chicks)

sounds like these guys are pumping up the goons ...

Is this any worse than anti-war demonstrations? Both sides have such a right to assemble, do they not? And what, pray tell, defines them as a "nutjob station"? The simple fact that they do not agree with you? Funny, this is an example of what I am talking about. There used to be respect in political debate; it's gone. I do believe on both sides, unfortunately.

Greg, you wanted respectful political debate and then you proceed to lump everyone with a similar political viewpoint into one sack because of the actions of one loon? Did you really expect not to get flamed? You don't strike me as that disingenuous... I don't many a liberal would condone the guys actions. Likewise, I don't think many a Republican would condone the actions of some gun-wielding psycho path shooting down liberals.

Case closed.

Huh? So, let me get this straight: you are completely discrediting this story simply due to the fact that it was reported on a Republican radio host's show? This guy that called up was a liar? This is how you judge truth? That's fucked up. Don't like the source, must be untrue? Tell me you're joking. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. You fucking people are hopeless if that's all the "proof" you need to debunk a story. A fucking joke. I don't know why I stick around, except for the mere reason that there should be an opposing viewpoint. That seems hopeless, though.

Not at all. Let me get this straight. It wasn't a "news story", but an anecdotal call to a talk show. What I'm saying is that it is , in my opinion, is no more newsworthy than any other road rage incident, politically motivated or not. Do I condone it? No.

Do I think it is representative of "Liberal Politics?" Not at all. But, I suspect that the caller to Carlson's show was trying to pass it off as that.

P.S., nice PM. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by Doug

So, let me get this straight: you are completely discrediting this story simply due to the fact that it was reported on a Republican radio host's show?

If this is all you require for 'proof' of an incident then you obviously believe in the tooth fairy, santa claus, dead aliens in area 54, Debbie Gibson is pregnant with Mojo Nixon's lovechild, etc. etc.

You are doing the same thing you discredit others on here for: assuming something is true just because someone else said it. Got facts?

Uncle Joe Stalin and his boys used it quite effectively in the USSR.

I believe they used something more like,

"If you're not with us, you are against us!"

"If you are against us, you are not a patriot!"

Simply put, just because you choose not to believe something exists, or occured, doesn't make it not exist.

Ah, you mean

like a big fuckin' mess in Iraq, that a certain current sitting president refuses to believe exists?

I know you live in some sort of isolated world of liberalism-is-wonderful, but this stuff really does happen.

so I've heard rolleyes.gif

No, Iain, I don't judge the whole pool of Kerry voters by this individual (my girlfriend's probably voting for Kerry and she's a very responsible driver). I've heard of these instances from several sources; makes me think it is not so isolated. I heard of several on Vashon.

"Besides that, I thought you liberals were the 'tolerant' party? I guess not."