Road-Ragers for Kerry

Greg_W

What is it with people? I heard a caller on a radio statioin yesterday relate an incident where a man cut him off on the freeway and nosed him to the shoulder. Once there, the man exited his vehicle and began berating the driver and threatening to beat the shit out of him simply because he had a "Bush/Cheney" sticker on his pickup. I've heard similar stories, some not as extreme. Who in their right mind considers this acceptable behavior? Besides that, I thought you liberals were the "tolerant" party? I guess not.

That right there made me decide to put a "Bush/Cheney" sticker on my truck, and I don't put stickers on my truck (NRA & RMEF, excepted). I don't love the guy, but I hate the fact that people think it's okay to do that shit.

Greg_W (anti-liberal, anti-wilderness bolting)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's f'n hilarious. yellaf.gif

Greg_W reads a probably made-up story probably originally from a righty blog (or Fox News) about one crazy guy assaulting someone allegedly over a Bush/Cheney sticker, and decides that liberals need to be taught a lesson so goddamnit he's putting a sticker on his truck! yellaf.gif

Yeah that sounds like a realistic story. Maybe the fact the guy was cut off and the guy belongs in an anger management program was conveniently left off the story.

It would take a truly dedicated road rager to stop everyone with bush/cheney stickers on their cars.

P.S. A gun will not stop someone running you over.

That's f'n hilarious. yellaf.gif

Greg_W reads a probably made-up story probably on a righty blog (or Fox News) about one crazy guy assaulting someone allegedly over a Bush/Cheney sticker, and decides that liberals need to be taught a lesson so goddamnit he's putting a sticker on his truck! yellaf.gif

Actually, Chuck, this was right here in Seattle. I've heard other stories in a similar vein, as I mentioned. I understand your tactic here: discreditation by ridicule. Uncle Joe Stalin and his boys used it quite effectively in the USSR. Simply put, just because you choose not to believe something exists, or occured, doesn't make it not exist. I know you live in some sort of isolated world of liberalism-is-wonderful, but this stuff really does happen.

I'll bet Clinton, Carter, LBJ and Roosevelt did that stuff too!

But seriously Greg, if you think you can stomp out road-rage and violence by putting a sticker on your truck, then sounds good to me. Go for it. I'm happy you have chosen a non-violent means to fight those thuggish liberals.

Do you think bumper stickers have any bearing on peoples' voting decisions?

I do, to a degree, especially with voter referendums. Saturation of a message. Limited, but it has an effect.

Have fun trying to peel that sucker off in a month.
Put it on the glass, comes off clean and easy.

WTF is your point Greg?

My point is, how has America gotten to the point where this type of activity is acceptable? This year is the first time I EVER saw candidate signs defaced or vandalized in any way. In my experience, both sides have always been respectful of candidacy signs as a part of the election/campaign process. My point is, what happened to a society where disagreement was accepted peaceably? You want to be a "Klimber for Kerry"? Great. I'm not going to get in your face and scream at you. Who does that? What makes a person think that is okay? I haven't heard of Republicans doing this, although I am sure there are cases. I just think that it is hypocritical of those lefties who preach "tolerance" to then scream at some guy who believes a different way. It is intolerance; it is intimidation; it is WRONG. All of you who claim the "right" to voice disagreement with our President because "that is what this country is founded on" seem to give me a lot of shit for thinking how I do. Those are my points.

Greg_W (free-enterpise advocate, anti-wilderness bolting)

So because the 'righties' who preach hate an intolerance, it is ok to scream at some guy who believes a different way? Your post implied that people on the left are getting in others faces but not the other way around. Well my experiences shows otherwise. Are things getting nastier on both sides? Ahh, perhaps, and it is sad indeed.

These kinds of stories will become increasingly common as the election approaches. Some may have a grain of truth to them, but I bet most can be attributed to a common tactic in the technology business of spreading "fear, uncertaintly, and doubt" (FUD). Whenever a rival comes out with a new product, the competitor slips out these little stories, almost impossible to verify, which spread FUD about the product. Such is the case here. (Man that guy just beat me up for wearing a Kerry sticker....all I was doing was "borrowing" his car and he comes up...)

Speaking of, ahem, tolerance... Republicans just get rid of those who don't agree with them.

"Lynne Gobbell of Moulton, Ala., who on Sept. 9 was fired from her job at Enviromate, a company that makes housing insulation, for driving to work with a Kerry-Edwards bumper sticker in the rear windshield of her Chevy Lumina."

Full story here

Let me just clear this up for everyone - the Republicans and all other conservatives really are hate-mongering fear merchants who want to oppress everyone in an effort to make the wealthy wealthier. They want less gun control so that criminals can murder your family and the drug dealers, who the conservatives originally established to further oppress the lower classes, can further their own business goals. They oppose gay marriage and abortion because they all hear the voice of God in their heads telling them to. The conservative plans to drill for oil in protected areas has nothing to do with America's lust for gas, it's merely a ploy so that they can pave all of the US.

One more thing - all conservatives drive huge energy-guzzling SUV's that run only on puppies and kittens.

WTF is your point Greg?

My point is, how has America gotten to the point where this type of activity is acceptable?

It's not. Duh. Road rage has nothing to do with politics. rolleyes.gif

But speaking of road rage, I got cut off by some bitch in a big black obese SUV this morning while bike commuting. She was trying to pass traffic on the right, in a parking lane, and nearly ran into another bicyclist. I think she deserves an honorary Bush/Cheney bumper sticker. grin.gif

Hey! This thread isn't about mean ol' conservatives, it's about liberal thugs. Greg "sock full o' batteries" W is feeling oppressed and depressed by the fact that we have become a nation of thugs. I think you could be polite enough to at least stick to his topic.

If you want to yammer on about how fucked up the republicans are, you can start your own thread. I'm sure you would get many takers.