• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
thelawgoddess

good dentist needed

real job = dental insurance icon_thumbs.gif

i haven't been to a dentist for years. (and i mean YEARS!) i'm looking for someone in fremont, downtown, or at/near the uw but will consider other close areas. prefer an office that provides opportunites beyond the basics (of cleaning and cavities) should i decide to invest in getting some work done.

feel free to pm me ... thanks!

I've been happy w/ Dr. Simone Kim in Fremont (above the Red Apple Grocery).

If it comes to pass to that you need something major- let's say reconstructive surgery- you'll need to see a different dentist (a periodontist or oral surgeon)- so I don't think you'll find one office that does everything.

Congrats on the insurance

thanks, squid - that's about a block from where i live! thanks to the other people who have pm'ed me, too; i will be looking into all of them names i've been given.

a bunch of you gave me recommendations but i could use some more. unfortunately none of the ones i got before are in my provider list. cry.gif anybody else got some good general practice dentists they'd recommend? thanks!

Mt dentist is Larry Adato over in Wedgewood. I don't know exactly what makes a good dentist, but he's always done nice work for me. He talks alot though, but most dentists do.

I'd rather have a dentist who talked alot (if he talks about climbing or hiking) than the kind who say nothing.

The problem with the provider list dental options is that there are some PPO's that very few dentists will join. You might considermaking a visit to one or more of those on your list. Just do a walk in and see how you are treated. It'll give you a chance to check out the office without getting appointed for treatment and see if things are friendly and up to date. Good luck.

Edited by Dean_Lowery

dean, so i've noticed about the ppo's. thanks for the suggestion about making visits. unfortunately that's difficult to do with a normal job but maybe i could do a few downtown on some lunch breaks. thanks again everybody!

I go see Dr. Dzon Nguyen at Pacific Dental Care on 85th and 14th in Crown Hill. If you go see him, be sure to check out the paintings in his offices, they were my copay on several crowns he's done for me over the years. wink.gif

I say Dzon Nguyen because his brother Dzuy's a dentist too, but he's the guy you see for root canals downtown instead of general dental care in Crown Hill.

PS. If you haven't been to the dentist in several years, the cleaning may take a couple of visits.