La Sportiva Nuptse???

freeze

Has anyone used this boot I am looking into it for ice climbing. I had La Sportiva Nepal Extremes but my feet got to cold in them. I have other boots for mixed/warmer days. I am just wondering if anyone has climbed any technical ice in them WI5 or so and how they handled.

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used these boots for up to Grade 6 ice. I have thermoflex liners in them. This brings the weight down to about the Scarpa Alpha terrain but is much warmer. They are a large boot but with the liner they could easily go to 7,000 meters, plenty warm for water ice.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I bought a pair the other day and went out ice climbing at the toe of a glacier. They were really warm and seemed to climb well. I think they will be a good boot for mid winter alaska ice climbing. The ankle flexed well and carbon sole gave a nice platform for front pointing. They are bulkier than my leathers but that was to be expected. Walking the approach in them, which was short, they seemd to be a deecent walker also.

I was bummed to find out that I can not order replacment liners for them. But when it comes time for that I can just get custom ones.