the brawl is on / debate

wally

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please, kerry has been using that same closing speech all across the country, that's why it seemed polished. I know you have been hoping that Kerry would become the man you need to win, He was extremely weak however. he votes for the war then calls it the wrong war at the wrong time. Bush's plan for the war on terror was far superior to " I'll go to the U.N. for help.

I listened to it live on the radio, then watched some video with the sound off. WTF was Bush doing with his mouth?

It was like they had coached him to not do his "Smirky McChimp" face, and everytime he started to do it, he suppressed it into this prissy tight-lipped thing. All the contortions were bizarre. And I swear the guy drank about a gallon of water up there.

Kerry's opening was horrible, and he was not making eye contact with the camera. He got better and hit his stride during the middle third. At about 20 min remaining, he lost steam, but then made a decent closing statement where he finally looked into the camera.

The bottom line that people will remember was that Kerry looked calm, confident, and as corny as it sounds...Presidential. Bush looked confused, pissed off, and on the defensive. This issue was supposed to be Bush's strong suit..national security/foreign policy and Kerry eeked out a win. Rove is either having a mild coronary, or scheming something dirty right now.

I predict a 2%-3% bump for Kerry.

And WTF was with answering a question about N. Korea with a statement about Iraq?

full transcript:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/debatereferee/debate_0930.html

i thought kerry was quite sharp, especially in explaining how he would win in iraq. notably, he said he would make sure arabs and iraqis in particular understand that the u.s. would not maintain a permanent presence in iraq (then he talked about the bases). my opinion of kerry went up a whole lot. thumbs_up.gif

We still have bases in Germany and its been 50 years. even with kerry we will be in Iraq for a long time

Bush overheard cry.gif to his Mamma after the debate...

"K-k-k-Kerry is a m-m-meanie. He m-m-mmmade f-f-fun of my ffff-ff-foriegn policy and war on th-th-t-tttterrorism!!!! MMMM-M-Make him stop! HHHumph!"

Vote for your guy wally, I'll vote for mine. bigdrink.gif

I watched some video and I gotta say that Bush can't speak well in public to save his balls.

As for content, I didn't see a real advantage of either. Kerry spent too much time attacking Bush rather than detailing what he will do. As usual. Bush dealt with facts much more than Kerry and his vague statements.

I'm not convinced that Kerry has much of a plan for Iraq. He sprayed a bunch of hyperbole. I didn't like him saying that the war shouldn't have been fought, then admitting that he said the war was necessary, then saying that he'll end the war ASAP, then saying that he'll take however much time it takes. What?

Oh, fuck, maybe I won't vote after all. thumbs_down.gif or thumbs_down.gif? frown.gif

Kerry won hands down! Bush came off, well..., like a retarded chimp.

(I do like George though, 'specially that he likes to kill fascist muslims. However, Kerry is much better for the environment and frankly, I'm tired of feeling protective of the retarded chimp in the whitehouse - I'll vote fr JK. If Don Rumsfeld was an environmentalist, he'd be da man!! cool.gif

I am wondering if mabe you guys are all looking for your candidate to win and end up seeing it cast more favorably for him. It seems like both sides think it is a rout. wazzup.gif

Probably some truth in that, for sure. Bush always sounds like a dipshit to me but supporters seem to find the same stuff part of his down home "charm".

I honestly think that a lot of people are not swayed by attacking Bush. The people who are, are already Kerry supporters. Why target them?

Bush is the incumbant. This election is all about whether he has done a good enough job to warrant 4 more years. So the expectation is to pull that record up for review, and call him on his shortcomings.

It just so happens that he has quite a few of them.

I was impressed with Kerry. He sounded decisive, especially when talking about controlling nuclear proliferation. Kerry's attacks on Bush's record never sounded shrill or off-base, and Bush's responses lacked coherence and variety.

You could have turned the debate into a drinking game: take a shot whenever Bush says being President is "hard work". Cry me a river.

Well Klenke and Cracked, that's the beauty of this great democracy we live in...there are two more debates as well as a VP debate to give you more insight into the two contending teams.

I think the biggest question is: Kerry mouths about working with other countries to take some burden off of us in Iraq, but can he actually accomplish this? Highly questionable (WTF is in it for them...if they say no, we kinda have to stick it out alone), but he certainly has a better shot at it than Bush who has basically given the middle finger to Europe.

I think one of Kerry's strongest points was that since Bush chose this unilateralist approach, we are footing 90% of the bill and incurring 90% of the casualties.

I will definitely watch the VP debate because I think it will be the best for pure entertainment. The stodgy old winger CEO type versus the slimy pretty boy ambulance chaser lawyer. Gloves off bitch, it's on!

I'm still voting for Badnarik. the_finger.gif