the brawl is on / debate

wally

Hey liberal climbing comrades. looks like your boy took a beating no? boxing_smiley.gif But thats coming from a right wing environmentalist conservative nut job such as myself. In my view Kerry kicked his own butt with flip flopping skill. cry.gif How you guys feel your boy did?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the part(s) where W just stared at the camera like a deer in the headlights... and then started talking about "messed mixages".

thumbs_up.gif

Interesting that he still hasn't learned how to pronounce "nuclear", despite the fact that he puppets Kerry in saying that nuclear proliferation is the most important threat to homeland security.

W made surprisingly few grammatical errors and only misused a few words. A marked improvement.

A synopsis:

Cowboy W: "vote for me OR YER GONNA DIE!!!!"

Yalie boy Kerry: "I can't believe I have to 'debate' this ass-clown"

Both candidates flubbed words. You would too under such a spotlight. It meant nothing to me. However, that "messed mixages" part did made me snicker. He did correct himself though, and that's what's important. Those deer-in-the-headlight pauses from Double-pugh were funny too.

All that said, I can't really say who won it. Both had their good moments and their bad moments. I suppose if I added up the score for every question response and rebuttal I could determine who "won" but overall I would call it a tie. But that's just me. Or more to the point, neither swayed me from my intended Pax for Prez write-in vote.

Mild Bush-isms from the debate ...not too bad for a chronic mush-mouth (mushy brains if you ask me...):

People out there listening know what I believe. And that's how best it is to keep the peace.

This nation of ours has got a solemn duty to defeat this ideology of hate. And that's what they are.

He was hoping we'd turn away. But there was fortunately others beside himself who believed that we ought to take action.

The transcript will likely read even worse than Bushie's performance. Anyone with more than a peabrain has to ask - how did this idiot get in the White House. He stumbled and bumbled, looked scared and defensive, and kept repeating himself because he could put together coherent sentences beyond 20 seconds or so. Then to fill up the other 100 seconds he would start repeating. The best among many blunders was when he said Saddam attacted the US. Wasn't close, Kerry was very sharp and straighforward.

Not Found

The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.

Quit trying to keep me uninformed, asshole!! wink.gif

full transcript:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/debatereferee/debate_0930.html

i thought kerry was quite sharp, especially in explaining how he would win in iraq. notably, he said he would make sure arabs and iraqis in particular understand that the u.s. would not maintain a permanent presence in iraq (then he talked about the bases). my opinion of kerry went up a whole lot. thumbs_up.gif

my opinion of kerry went up a whole lot. thumbs_up.gif

Yeah, I'd always planned on voting for him but I actually feel pretty good about it now. Kerry's closing was strong stuff .

Bush's sounded like something written and read by a 1st grader. He was so defensive at times I thought he was going to start cry.gif and run off to his mamma.