• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
beacon

Supercrack in central Oregon?

The trophy should be a bronzed pile in the shape of beacon rock (with slinged little toothpick trees sticking out of it and loose plastic dogs running around the base taking dumps).

yelrotflmao.gif

But seriously, now that all this beta's been published on the climbing website of record, I'm going down there this weekend with all my pals. We'll be toproping the first 5 feet of all your favorite routes. Thanks in advance for your patience.

wow, is it too late for my team to sign up?

No, you can play larry the lamma's team for a round robin.

Cool! I'll finally run into some of you. I climb there every weekend and I never see any of you out there. If you have more than a tripple set of cams you can actually make it all the way to the anchors!

I got the shizzle on the directions to the tasty crakizzle and will be in the area all next week, hope to check this place out for myself.

I'm sorry I missed you and your 45 buddies out there Friday and Saturday. They must have had better plans to climb somewhere else. I even had 12 of each size cam for you to supplement your rack with! Maybe we'll see you there next week.

I'm climbing the crack RIGHT NOW and I have 22 of each size cam; take that! tongue.gif

Appears that someone became lost on the Backside trail.... Sunblessed is up the gulley....then exit to the right about 2/3 the way up or so laugh.gif

397908-oregonsupercrack.JPG

Edited by avitripp

That's pretty cool that you can be on your computer while climbing 90' handcracks. 22 cams, you must really like to stich it up! I thought my rack was rediculous with 12 of each camalot. 22 WOW! That's more than you need for even the longest IC routes. You are deffinately the coolest!

That's pretty cool that you can be on your computer while climbing 90' handcracks. 22 cams, you must really like to stich it up! I thought my rack was rediculous with 12 of each camalot. 22 WOW! That's more than you need for even the longest IC routes. You are deffinately the coolest!

the beauty of WiMax. spray anywhere!

22 cams go pretty quick when you start stacking them in chimneys. i also have 22 pieces of plywood for making the cam sandwiches cheeburga_ron.gif

I just heard that Jeff's 2nd edition will have c. 70 routes for this area... up from 25 in the 1st edition.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif to AFIVE and all the other locals busting their moon.gifes to develop a sweet crag so close to PDX! All on sight ground up too boot (that's for you Pope wave.gif)! If only I could get my moon.gif in shape cry.gif

I went over there yesterday and found it no problem. Bit of a hike to get to. If you've ever rafted the Deschutes and you're a climber then I'm sure you've seen it.

It's really quite nice, wish it were warm over there. Ahhhhhhh...

58816376_ce59cd70dd.jpg

Edited by BillA

Yes. I have the names and ratings for the 60 some routes that I'm aware of over there. Just like IC...it kind of depends on your hand size. I know that Gold Rush is 5.10- for most guys, but for any girl...It is solid 5.11....JR Token is a 5.10+ for the dudes and pretty cruiser 5.10- for the ladies. A good 80% of the routes there are in the 5.10- to 5.10+ range. Like any good trad area.....the ratings are a bit sandy. Currently the hardest route there is 5.11+ with potential for some hard 5.12's. Nothing is really easier than 5.10-.

will only further assure you of major sponsorship in the future...

thumbs_up.gif

Right on Gavin! I'll be your belay slave any day rockband.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif